• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gary, when will we see the Steinway

Share/Bookmark

Gary, when will we see the Steinway

Hi!

I'm desperate to see this amazing instrument. Are they any ESTIMATES? Doesn't even have to be accurate.. do you have screenshots or info or mp3 for us? Please please please

Re: Gary, when will we see the Steinway

karvasika,

The Steinway is coming along so nicely and we are very pleased with how it is shaping up. I wish I could say more. But we want to stay focused and get this out ASAP. When it's just about ready to release we will announce more info and post screenshots and demos.

Gary Garritan

C'mon, Gary, the poor guy said it doesn't have to be accurate. If you won't tell, I will. As Gary said, the Steinway is coming along nicely, but he didn't say that they are waiting for me to clean my living room and move my keyboard a decent bit from the monitors. I'm hoping to be done in 2-3 weeks. An alternative estimate, which accounts for my past cleaning performance, the latest fundraising data in the presidential race, mean kitten energy levels, and the Coriolis force, is never. According to the Gates theorem, there's a 98% chance that the actual wait will be between those two estimates.

As you know, I am the Official Psychic of the Garritan Forum.

My friends, I have had a vision! Yes yes! A vision!

I have seen the Garritan Steinway in my vision... and I can now
    spill the beans on major details concerning this phenomenal new
    instrument.

First, there are a lot of keys involved. Eighty-eight of them, I
    believe, though I caution that this detail was a little fuzzy. Some
    of those keys, however, I'm sure are white, and others -- wait,
    wait, let me grasp the ether of the yonder realm more firmly -- yes,
    I see it clearly now: the other keys are... black!

There are also three peculiar little toe-shaped things sticking
    out the bottom of it. In my vision, I saw a foot coming down on
    the rightmost one, over and over, in time with the music; but
    I sensed consternation and confusion over what the middle one
    is for...

And the geese, great long-necked geese, are flying in this
    v-shaped formation, proclaiming in Mandarin Chinese that the
    end of the world is... ah, sorry, a different vision interrupted,
    there.

Stay tuned for my next vision to learn more...

Best,

Swami
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I sensed consternation and confusion over what the middle one
    is for...

The one in the middle is a feature that only really works on a concert grand. It allows the player to play a note, say the C1 key and grab it with the middle peddle and it will continue to sing for a long time, while one plays chord changes and use the right peddle to keep the chords from blending together into a cacophony of muddled sounds. Is this feature going to be a part of GPO Steinway. Yea-a!

Since you are one of Dionne Warricks physic friends, why didn't you tell us that KP2's first upgrade was going to cause such problems.

Better yet, why did you warn us that Mr. Bush was going to commute Scutter Libby's prison time.

By the way will I love Finale 2008?
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

" The one in the middle is a feature that only really works on a concert grand"

Well, not quite positive, but it seems to me that at least a few uprights had them, but they are rarely used. European Steinway grands don't have the sostenuto pedal. They will work well on any grand that has been properly regulated. My Baldwin has it, and many other grands also have one. Many grands have a middle pedal that is a sustain pedal for bass only.

Richard

Thanks guys!! (and girls)

The thing that makes Garritan forum stand out from the other forums is the visible presence of psychics and they really use their abilities for common good, like telling specs of future Garritan products.

Man, they could use some of you at MacRumors.com too. If you haven't beent here, you haven't seen desperate people. There are many lost souls over there.

Quote Originally Posted by rwayland
    Well, not quite positive, but it seems to me that at least a few uprights had them, but they are rarely used.
    Usually the uprights have a different implementation for the center pedal. Instead, it is the same as the sustain pedal, but only affects the lower range of the instrument.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Thanks guys!! (and girls)

The thing that makes Garritan forum stand out from the other forums is the visible presence of psychics and they really use their abilities for common good, like telling specs of future Garritan products.
    You found the psychic friends network! Yes, this forum stands out due to the conspicuous presence of psychics and fortune cookies.

We searched the ends of the earth to find the very best psychic. In a remote part of the planet we found a gifted upside-down psychic. His gifts include bending spoons (with only two piers) and frequent "out-of-body" experiences (sometimes involving woman's clothes)

Swami etLux's will now answer all questions about future libraries. He has one of those magic crystal 8 ball thingies that he shakes. Please direct all astrological sample questions to Swami etLux.

My friends, I have had another vision! Yes yes! A vision!

I now know when the Garritan Steinway shall be released
    to us, the great unwashed.

In my vision I see a month and a year. The month is hazy,
    indistinct, though it appears to have vowels in its name.
    The year, however, I have seen clearly -- and it contains
    two 0's and a 2 within it!

I am never, ever wrong about these things, my friends,
    so stay tuned for my next vision to learn more...

Best,

Swami
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum