• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Topic: Eastern Theme

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Eastern Theme

    Hi,
    Here is my new file 'EASTERN THEME' and can be downloaded from

    www.glamator.com

    GPO instruments (except bas and gong).
    Description: Eastern theme.

    I've tried to use www.box.net direct link but there are some problems. I hope I will fix it next time.
    Thank you for listening.

  2. #2

    Re: Eastern Theme

    I like the use of the electric bass. Very driving, as if a Persian (or something) army is charging. The harp glisses in conjunction with the gong sound quite nice. Flute's good, too. This reminds me a lot of the music from an historical computer game I used to play called Age of Empires.

    After a while it starts to wear thin, despite the changes in lead instrumentation. Maybe there could be a simple key change - or, just shorten it.

  3. #3

    Re: Eastern Theme

    I'm a sucker for Eastern themed music and liked the ideas you had in this but I do agree that (mostly) the bass is a tad repetitive Most importantly though, nice job!
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

  4. #4

    Re: Eastern Theme

    Hi, Glamator - Nice to see you here again.

    This is a nice use of the Oriental Scale, with good choices of instruments. I do wish it could be developed more, perhaps a key change as Cerrabore suggested. It would be possible to mount the interest in this as it progresses, rather than immediately go to one mood and stay with it for the duration.

    And the bass--This is the sound that gives it the computer game quality--The sound coupled with the endlessly repeating pattern. I felt like I needed to grab a joy stick so I could get on to another screen!

    I know you like to keep your works economical. I am suggesting that this could be even more entertaining with more development and less repetitiveness. I hear your capabilities, and wish you could let loose with things a bit more now and then.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  5. #5

    Re: Eastern Theme

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerrabore
    I like the use of the electric bass. Very driving, as if a Persian (or something) army is charging. The harp glisses in conjunction with the gong sound quite nice. Flute's good, too. This reminds me a lot of the music from an historical computer game I used to play called Age of Empires.

    After a while it starts to wear thin, despite the changes in lead instrumentation. Maybe there could be a simple key change - or, just shorten it.
    Thank you,Cerrabore.
    Whole time bas pattern is same, there are no developement in melody and this is,I beleive, reason why 'after a while it starts to wear thin'.

  6. #6

    Re: Eastern Theme

    Quote Originally Posted by chesterdesmond
    I'm a sucker for Eastern themed music and liked the ideas you had in this but I do agree that (mostly) the bass is a tad repetitive Most importantly though, nice job!
    Thank you for comment.
    Idea was to put repetitive fast bas as contrast to eastern melody but file is too long and it was difficult to slow down.

  7. #7

    Re: Eastern Theme

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hi, Glamator - Nice to see you here again.

    This is a nice use of the Oriental Scale, with good choices of instruments. I do wish it could be developed more, perhaps a key change as Cerrabore suggested. It would be possible to mount the interest in this as it progresses, rather than immediately go to one mood and stay with it for the duration.

    And the bass--This is the sound that gives it the computer game quality--The sound coupled with the endlessly repeating pattern. I felt like I needed to grab a joy stick so I could get on to another screen!

    I know you like to keep your works economical. I am suggesting that this could be even more entertaining with more development and less repetitiveness. I hear your capabilities, and wish you could let loose with things a bit more now and then.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thank you,Randy.
    I appreciate your comments very much. I'll try to experiment with key change.I think there are two choices to make it shorter or develop new idea.Although first choice is easier I will try to develop new part, include percussions and slow down in second part.

  8. #8

    Re: Eastern Theme

    Glamator, this is a very interesting sound. I like the eastern scale that you chose. It definately has a regional sound. I like the harp glissando also. The bass does seem a bit redundant.
    -Jay

  9. #9

    Re: Eastern Theme

    Thank you jaynkate01 for listening and post.

  10. #10

    Re: Eastern Theme

    As others have said, this could be improved with a bit more variety in rhythm and key, but I really enjoyed your "Eastern Theme"! Nice use of harp as well.
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •