• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Eerie Cue

Share/Bookmark

OT: Eerie Cue

I don't know how else to describe this but Off Topic, and Eerie.

http://www.zreomusic.com/music/private/DekuTest.mp3

Comments?

~Fire
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Re: OT: Eerie Cue

Hello, FireGS - Your post is full of mystery.

It's a musical piece you've posted, so why do you think it's "Off Topic"--?

Why does it say in the MP3 ID tag "LOL-This is a secret"--?

Did you compose this? Is it with Garritan instruments?

Why do you think it's "eerie"--? To me it sounds dramatic, somber, grand, but not spooky/eerie.

It's an effective, though repetitive sound cue, very nicely done.

Now--Could you unravel the mystery surrounding this post, by addressing the questions above? I have no idea what you were up to here!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

None of these instruments are from Garritan sample libraries.

Are you playing games with us?

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

hehe, Well, the reason I put it as OT, is this is for Garritan products only, usually, and people get reamed for using non-garritan products in here, yet there is no other place to post user compositions, so I'm starting a trend!

The ID Tags are for people who snoop around my website trying to find stuff before it's released, so I usually post no hints about what it is until its ready.

I don't actually think its eerie. someone else told me that. I was going for dramatic, actually. =p

EDIT: The reaming begins.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Hello, FireGS - Thanks for clearing up some of the mystery here.

"...the reason I put it as OT, is this is for Garritan products only, usually, and people get reamed for using non-garritan products in here, yet there is no other place to post user compositions, so I'm starting a trend!..."

I see. Yeah, you're very right--This is Garritan's bulletin board, and the point is to post music created with Garritan Libraries. That would be rather self evident. So I totally agree that your post is "off topic"--Nobody will agree that you're doing something good in "starting a trend" because to take it on yourself to change the purpose of the Forum is only to be taking advantage of this service Garritan provides.

You still didn't say if you composed it--I guess the implication is that you did. Why on earth would you have MP3s of music on your site which isn't released yet?--that was a strange explanation for your enigmatic ID tag.

Hmm. You've added an edit "The reaming begins"---Well of course it does, what would you expect? I think you should save yourself some embarrassment and delete your post.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Then what am I to do? Where do I go when I need an opinion on a mix or a composition? Should I leave here?

Im working on projects that have yet to be released. Thats why I have them on my server, and not for release.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Hi Sam,

Out of interest, what sample library did you use?

Could you not use one Garritan sample in there like Mr. Alexander does on his "bumps". That would be OK

Cheers

Ray

I actually did. I always do.

Trombones and Tuba were GPO.
    Trumpets were WIVI.
    Strings were VSL Appassionata.
    Perc was Truestrike/Stormdrum.
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Hello again, FireGS

You know, as a musician and composer myself, I understand how helpful it is to have a Forum like this where music can be posted and discussed.

I have Zero animosity towards you, and I like the music you posted here on this thread.

But you brought it up yourself how you knew this really wasn't an appropriate thing to do--to take advantage of Garritan's free Forum to post something not made with the company's product. You were right to realize it's inappropriate. I don't understand why you think it's fair to demand different treatment from everyone else.

You use a DAW for your recordings? The major sequencer software companies have bulletin boards--I use Sonar, and used to be very active on their Forums. Their "Songs" Forum is where Sonar users post music, and the discussion there is very lively and active, as it is here. It's a great place to share music.

So I suggest you use the Forum associated with the software you use.

There are other bulletin boards for musicians/composers also--Some where it doesn't matter what software you're using. Do some Googling on that.

I'm not a really big one for Rules--But this "guide line" of only posting projects that include Garritan instruments is one basic, extremely reasonable Rule which I totally agree with. This topic came up fairly recently, and the consensus among the users here was definitely that music with no Garritan sounds doesn't belong here.

Peace.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by FireGS
    I actually did. I always do.

Trombones and Tuba were GPO.
    Trumpets were WIVI
    Strings were VSL Appassionata
    Perc was Truestrike/Stormdrum
    Job Done

Ray