• Register
  • Help

Topic: Newbie GPO KP2 questions

Share/Bookmark

Smile Newbie GPO KP2 questions

I've been lurking on the list for a while now before taking the plunge and finally registering and buying GPO. Here some questions from a GPO newbie.

I have Kontakt 2, GPO KP2 patches seem to load fine in K2, including all GPO speciffic settings. Are there any benefits in using GPO KP2 instead of K2 (apart from maybe memory footprint etc)?

GPO KP1 used to have a special ambience plugin. This plugin seems to be gone with the KP2 version. Should I now use the K(P)2 effects instead or am I missing the plugin?

When using keyswitching in K2 with the supplied libraries the keyswitch effect is displayed in the left bottom corner when pressing one of the available switches. As I am new to this I find it very useful. However in GPO I do not see this (neither in K2 nor KP2). Should it be displayed with GPO as well?

Thanks,
    Jurgen

Re: Newbie GPO KP2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by lintweaker
    When using keyswitching in K2 with the supplied libraries the keyswitch effect is displayed in the left bottom corner when pressing one of the available switches. As I am new to this I find it very useful. However in GPO I do not see this (neither in K2 nor KP2). Should it be displayed with GPO as well?
    No, those are script generated messages. GPO doesn't use the same scripts and thus doesn't create these messages.

Btw, you can download Ambience from Garritan.com, if you prefer to use this.

And welcome to the forum

Re: Newbie GPO KP2 questions

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    No, those are script generated messages. GPO doesn't use the same scripts and thus doesn't create these messages.

Btw, you can download Ambience from Garritan.com, if you prefer to use this.

And welcome to the forum
    Thanks, the Ambience plugin still works great. It's very useful for the current cubase GPO tutorials/examples.

Go Back to forum