• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWQLSO: Keyswitches

Share/Bookmark

EWQLSO: Keyswitches

Hi guys,

I'm don't really understand what keyswitches are, would someone mind explaining?

Also, does a manual for Eastwest Gold exist online? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Re: EWQLSO: Keyswitches

re keyswitches:

The EW orchestra has Keyswitch instruments for most instruments in the orchestra meaning you can use 4 or 5 different articulations using just one midi channel and one midi track.
    for instance;
    if you click on the 11 violins folder then click on the keyswitch folder and load a keyswitch instrument,(most keyswitch instruments have 4 or 5 articulations appearing as red highlighted keys in Kompakt/Kontakt keyboard window.)

by clicking on each one of the red highlighted keys you can change the articulations from thrill to sus or stac etc.

For example;
    if you want to use a thrill articulation FIRST you need to press record and play the highlighted keyswitch note for thrill,these are midi information notes and dont make a sound and appear as normal midi notes.
    for example;
    if you are recording using thrill starting on beat 1 of bar 4 your kewswitch note for thrill should be recorded about a bar before that start point'
    lets say you then want to change to staccato at bar 8 then you need to record and play the highlighted keyswitch note for staccato,remember record the Keyswitch note just before the 8th bar and slightly after the last note of your thrill section,repeat the same process for Sus/marc and so on.
    (I hope this makes sense)

Dean.

I understand, but I don't see the red highlighted keys in the keyboard window.

don't mention it.

OK, I've figured it out now, thanks!

rollercoastermike,
    The library is always shipped with a hardcopy manual. In fact it takes up 50% of the fysical weight of the product. If you aquired a product without the manual you should send email to techsupport to get one. We will verify your serial number and gladly send a new manual to the address of the person who registered the software.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

You can also play your keyswitch note(s) while the last note of the previous articulation is playing or sustaining as long as it is after the beginning of the note.
    All you need to make sure of is that it is before the beginning of the note you want it to change on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    No - no online manual. There should have been a hardcopy come with the package.

Stephen
    I wonder if it's still the manual for Platinum and all others have to guess their way through it?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    Steve,

Don't know - just ordered Gold Bundle thru Guitar Center - only to have to cancel the order because GC can't give me a ship date. I cancelled the order but funds won't be refunded in time to take advantage of the sale prices - so I guess I'll never find out. (I'll never do business with GC ever again!)

But - if it's for the Gold Bundle - then the Plat XP manual should be workable - shouldn't it? - same KSs and patches/articulations. The only differences should be bit depth and the 3 mic positions.

Stephen
    I think so. About the deal, couldn't you get the same deal with true speck? I know they have some very good deal right now till the end of august, i think.

Go Back to forum