• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Originally, this piece was written for no reason in particular, but it kept saying "Star Trek" to me (Horner/Goldsmith influenced). So for my demo purposes I call it "Space Adventure". A portion of the first section was ultimately used in a promotional video I did for a client. The last thirty seconds is really a totally separate piece written for a bank commercial. It just seemed to fit so I edited the sections together. This was done purely for promotional (me) purposes.


    http://www.stevebarden.com/audio/sco...0Adventure.mp3

    Steve
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

  2. #2

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Hi, Steve

    I am Deelighted that you're posting more music here. I'm loving these confident, professional and commercially savvy tracks Very much.

    Super, the way the melding of these two different projects works so well.

    Thanks for the aural treats!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  3. #3

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    I definitely hear the Trek in you! The long sustained strings with the bold horn beginning the melody was wonderful. I agree, the combination of contrasting works fit well. Great job!

    Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

  4. #4

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by bmpsound
    Originally, this piece was written for no reason in particular, but it kept saying "Star Trek" to me (Horner/Goldsmith influenced). So for my demo purposes I call it "Space Adventure". A portion of the first section was ultimately used in a promotional video I did for a client. The last thirty seconds is really a totally separate piece written for a bank commercial. It just seemed to fit so I edited the sections together. This was done purely for promotional (me) purposes.


    http://www.stevebarden.com/audio/sco...0Adventure.mp3

    Steve
    I have ignored this post for the past two days because the "Spicy Chicken" made me think I be wasting my time on something very silly. Boy was I wrong. This is brilliant writing and orchestration. I thought the spicy chicken would give me heart burn, but what I got instead was a burning my heart to master the art of composition and orchestration as you have.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

    Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

  5. #5

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    ... to master the art of composition and orchestration as you have.
    Samantha, thank you for the very kind words, but I don't think I've mastered anything except perhaps lacing my shoes!

    I think I'm probably just like most people here: we do it because it's fun and it feels good when we do it!

    All the best,
    Steve
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

  6. #6

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Steve, this does sound like a space epic background theme. It's great. The additional 30 seconds or so was a seemless transition. I very much enjoyed it.
    jay

  7. #7

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Yes, a great transition and a nice piece of music - thanks very much for sharing.

  8. #8

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Wonderful orchestration, I especially love that harp whizzing about! This certainly does sound epic and adventurous. I found myself wishing only that is was longer. Thanks for sharing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  9. #9

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Another winner, Steve -- very well done. And as you mention,
    I do hear some "Star Trek" influence in this... lol -- certain intervalic
    jumps, etc. -- but the relationship is faint.

    I do have one problem with this, though. It's filled with great
    material, some really superb writing; but I think you've got a whole
    lot of strong content trying to emerge in a container that's far too
    small for the thinking!

    Steve, I hope you'll consider expanding this, giving it more, er,
    space, to breathe and explore the wonderful ideas within it.

    My best,




    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  10. #10

    Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Space Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Another winner, Steve -- very well done. And as you mention,
    I do hear some "Star Trek" influence in this... lol -- certain intervalic
    jumps, etc. -- but the relationship is faint.

    I do have one problem with this, though. It's filled with great
    material, some really superb writing; but I think you've got a whole
    lot of strong content trying to emerge in a container that's far too
    small for the thinking!

    Steve, I hope you'll consider expanding this, giving it more, er,
    space, to breathe and explore the wonderful ideas within it.
    David,

    This piece sat around for a few years before I actually got around to moving it from paper to audio. As with most of my writing, unless it's a commissioned piece then I rarely have time to do anything just for myself. I have had plans to write a symphony (of sorts) for at least 15 years now. It's like Mr. Holland's Opus - a dream that never gets realized. There have been many significant changes in my life the past three years so I'm hoping that things start changing in that regard soon. Well, actually they have! I'm posting more here!

    All the best,
    Steve
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •