• Register
  • Help

Topic: I Did Something Wrong to Finale 2008

Share/Bookmark

I Did Something Wrong to Finale 2008

After all of the instruments are loaded I get the following message: "Missing requested plugin: Garritan Personal Orchestra Bank #6

The instruments are playing on the wrong staff. Harp on celest, Piano on I violins?

Help!

While I'm at it. What is the correct to load instruments in the KP2. I've loaded instrument in the first 8 (Finale channels 1-16); the next 8 in a separate KP for (Finale channels 17-24). I used five separate KPlayers to load all the instruments. Is this the proper procedure for loading instruments?

I did not redo the KP2 update after installing Finale 2008. I did the update for Finale 2007. gcCowboy said that he did not do the KP2 update for Finale 2007. He installed Finale 2008 and then did the KP2 update. He is not having this problem that I have encountered.

These updates and upgrades certainly can take their toll on composing time.

Help!
    Last edited by Samantha Penigar; 07-07-2007 at 12:07 AM. Reason: ommision
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Re: I Did Something Wrong to Finale 2008

Hello Samantha,

I doubt that I shall be of much help to you other than to share what I did. First, I am using Finale 2008 with both KP1 and KP2 installed and the full Kontakt 2 and everything is working beautifully.

Regarding loading your instruments in KP2. Unlike KP1, which could load just 8 patches, KP2 will load 16. Unless you have a particular reason for wanting to load just 8 patches you are no longer bound by the 8 per player rule.

Regarding your error message and the wrong instruments, to me this does sound rather like an install problem. Personally I didn't take any chances for my new Finale 2008 and KP2. First I uninstalled everything; Finale 2007, GPO, JABB, KP2, the lot. I then checked there were no remnants left, did a system clean then rebooted. I then installed Finale 2008, checked that was all working, then installed GPO, checked that was all working, then installed JABB and checked everything was still working. Finally I did the KP2 updates, pasted the necessary .txt file into the Finale VST folder and tested. Everything worked perfectly.

Had I not done a fresh install of everything I doubt it would all work for me. Personally, I feel you need to uninstall everything and do a clean reinstall. This is just my opinion of course and someone else might have a better solution.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I was able to get it working. I turned off my virus scan and reinstalled 2008 and the KP2 update, (I'm not sure that needed), retarted my computer and thus far all is working well.

I'm still not clear on the instrument load procedure with KP2. I tried to load the first sixteen insturments in "1-16" and the nineth instrument would not play.
    Samantha Penigar

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    I was able to get it working. I turned off my virus scan and reinstalled 2008 and the KP2 update, (I'm not sure that needed), retarted my computer and thus far all is working well.

I'm still not clear on the instrument load procedure with KP2. I tried to load the first sixteen insturments in "1-16" and the nineth instrument would not play.
    Glad you have it working.

Regarding instrument 9 not sounding, I just tried a test to make sure it should work. I loaded the full 16 patches into my KP2 using the Finale 2008 Setup Wizard and everything worked .. all 16 instruments sounded. The instruments sounded both in KP2 on the keyboard and in the Finale score.

Just a thought .. did you try nudging the mod-wheel on instrument 9. Try using the KP2 keyboard and see if the instruments sound in the player. If the instruments sound in the player but not in your Finale score then I would check the Instruments List to make sure they are all ported to the correct channels. If the instruments don't sound in the player at all and you tried nudging the mod-wheel, then I think we are back to an install problem. Again, someone more knowledgeable than myself might suggest a different cure.

Samantha, it must be the middle of the night there .. it's 10.33 am here in the UK.

I just had another thought, did you use the Setup Wizard?
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Glad you have it working.

Regarding instrument 9 not sounding, I just tried a test to make sure it should work. I loaded the full 16 patches into my KP2 using the Finale 2008 Setup Wizard and everything worked .. all 16 instruments sounded. The instruments sounded both in KP2 on the keyboard and in the Finale score.

Just a thought .. did you try nudging the mod-wheel on instrument 9. Try using the KP2 keyboard and see if the instruments sound in the player. If the instruments sound in the player but not in your Finale score then I would check the Instruments List to make sure they are all ported to the correct channels. If the instruments don't sound in the player at all and you tried nudging the mod-wheel, then I think we are back to an install problem. Again, someone more knowledgeable than myself might suggest a different cure.

Samantha, it must be the middle of the night there .. it's 10.33 am here in the UK.

I just had another thought, did you use the Setup Wizard?
    Yes I did do that. I check the mod wheel. I check everything. You should know I am talking about files created in Finale 2007 that I have not converted to KP2 player yet.

Here is what I have done:

In the NI VST Setup I selected the first Kontakt Player (KP2) and loaded sixteen instruments. Then, I went to Finale's Instrument List and made sure that the channels were set properly. I numbered the instruments 1 - 16 in the Instrument List.
    Samantha Penigar

Samantha, why don't you send me the file I'll take a look at it.
    if there's a problem with the file at least we'll know it's not your set-up.

it could be something very simple.

Right, in that case I think Michel's idea of looking at a test file is, perhaps, the best way forward.

Don't worry, we'll get you going somehow
    Michael

Samantha, one more thing to check .. forgive me if you've already done this, I'm just trying to help.

With KP2 open and your 16 patches loaded, check in each loaded instrument that the correct number is showing in the MIDI channel. This is the icon just to the bottom right of the GPO button.

It is possible that, somehow, in the Fin07 file the channel numbers got mixed up.

Just another thought.
    Michael

Go Back to forum