• Register
  • Help

Topic: Marimba Grand Symph KS

Share/Bookmark

Marimba Grand Symph KS

Hi all,

I composed a piece using the Marimba Grand Symph KS. I noticed some of the notes sounded too hard. The D# E F and F# third from the left of the KP2 keyboard. This is not exhibited in the KP1. I know that there are problems also with the timpini and may be there being addressed. i was wondering if anybody else has noticed this or is it my PC?

Because of this, I've reverted back to using the old player. I've also noticed that many instruments seem to have a harder sound than the old player. I noticed this in the JABB guitar particulaly the top notes. But it might be my PC setup. I have tried to adjust the sound with filters but still dosn't sound like the KP1.

David

Re: Marimba Grand Symph KS

It is a Kontakt 2/Kontakt Player 2 problem. I believe NI is working on it. K2.2.3 is due any time now and probably also a KP2.2.3 update. Hopefully they will solve the problem.

i was hoping that was the case.
    Thanks Nickie!

David

The problem is still there with KP2 ver 2.2.3, plus a crashing problem that existed from the earliest KP2 version.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Davidart
    The problem is still there with KP2 ver 2.2.3, plus a crashing problem that existed from the earliest KP2 version.

David
    Any problem that is programming-related will not be fixed until we release the update for a given library. That is separate from any update to the player itself. The velocity-dynamic EQ bug is one of those. I can't speak to the crashing issue you have experienced. That one is unlikely to be related to instrument programming changes.

Tom

Thanks Tom!

Just for the record, the following procedure crashes on my system.

1. Drag impulse wave.
    2. Turn on volume envelope.
    3. Click the plus 4 times.
    4. Result, crash.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Davidart
    Thanks Tom!

Just for the record, the following procedure crashes on my system.

1. Drag impulse wave.
    2. Turn on volume envelope.
    3. Click the plus 4 times.
    4. Result, crash.

David
    Never tried that but I'll pass it along. Thanks. In the meantime, it's probably the old doctor's joke: (Patient) "It hurts when I do this." (Doctor) "Well, don't do that."

Tom

it's probably the old doctor's joke: (Patient) "It hurts when I do this." (Doctor) "Well, don't do that."
    Thats exactly what i was thinking.

David

Go Back to forum