• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finale Instruments Not permitted in full K2 or KP2 in Sonar.

Share/Bookmark

Finale Instruments Not permitted in full K2 or KP2 in Sonar.

Is it not permitted to load the Garritan Instruments for Finale 2008 in the Full Kontakt 2?

Just to emphasise, I am taking about the full Kontakt 2 and not the Kontakt Player 2. In Finale 2008, the Garritan Instruments for Finale are loaded and work perfectly in the KP2. When I tried to load the same set in the full Kontakt2 I got an error message about a licence and missing serial numbers.

I've just realised. When I open KP2 in Sonar, the Garritan Instruments for Finale and not there. Does this mean then that we can only use the Garritan Instruments for Finale directly in Finale 2008?

If this is the case, then we will be unable to prepare a score in Finale then work on this is in Sonar or whatever if we use the Finale set of instruments. At present I need to do this so that I can use the Garritan Choir which is only available in the Finale set of instruments.

If it is possible to load the Finale 2008 Instruments set in Kontakt 2, I would be grateful if someone could help with this.

Thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Finale Instruments Not permitted in full K2 or KP2 in Sonar.

Michael can you tell me how to use the KP2 player to load instruments when working in Finale. I have loaded a total of sixteen instruments in the channel bank 1-16. Only eight of them playback. Is it possible to use all sixteen channels in one player. If so I'm doing some wrong.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Nothing new. It's been like that with all the Finale GPO versions, except maybe the very first Finale GPO KP1.1.8.3, the one that had to be registered. I can't remember if that one could be used outside of Finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    Michael can you tell me how to use the KP2 player to load instruments when working in Finale. I have loaded a total of sixteen instruments in the channel bank 1-16. Only eight of them playback. Is it possible to use all sixteen channels in one player. If so I'm doing some wrong.
    You should be able to use all 16. Check, that the GPO channel numbers (Native Instruments VST setup) match the Finale channel numbers (Instrument List)

I have just bought Gofriller and it came this morning. The Finale instrument loads fine in K2 and K2 Player in Logic pro..

It surprised me thats for sure...

(Not that I know anything about Finale!)
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha Penigar
    Hello Samantha,

As Nicki confirms, yes, you should be able to load 16 patches in one KP2 and providing the channels match in Finale's Instrument list then all should work.

I doubt you are doing anything wrong.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Nothing new. It's been like that with all the Finale GPO versions, except maybe the very first Finale GPO KP1.1.8.3, the one that had to be registered. I can't remember if that one could be used outside of Finale.
    Ok .. thanks Nickie.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    I have just bought Gofriller and it came this morning. The Finale instrument loads fine in K2 and K2 Player in Logic pro..

It surprised me thats for sure...

(Not that I know anything about Finale!)
    Do you have Finale 2008? If you don't have this then you won't have the Garritan Instruments for Finale which only come with Finale 2008.

If you do have Finale 2008, which from your comment above seems unlikely, and you are able to load the Finale instruments set in Kontakt 2, I would like to know how you did it. I suspect Nickie would like to know as well
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk
    Do you have Finale 2008? If you don't have this then you won't have the Garritan Instruments for Finale which only come with Finale 2008.

If you do have Finale 2008, which from your comment above seems unlikely, and you are able to load the Finale instruments set in Kontakt 2, I would like to know how you did it. I suspect Nickie would like to know as well
    I think SimonF was referring to the Finale patch of the Gofriller, which is not locked to Finale. In fact, it has nothing to do with Finale, except it is transposed to concert pitch; this is necessary in Finale.

Go Back to forum