• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT - It's lonely here tonight ...

Share/Bookmark

OT - It's lonely here tonight ...

in the store at seven in the evening. Everyone is downtown at the festival "The Taste of Buffalo". Frankly, I've had enough Beefalo and don't need to taste anymore.
    Styxx

Re: OT - It's lonely here tonight ...

Watcha doing in the store at 7 pm anyway - you still finishing off that studio?

regards

Barrie

Cool Re: OT - It's lonely here tonight ...

Hi Styxx. How is business doing at your store when no fests are happening? Not that long ago you posted about getting advice setting up to sell sheetmusic, are you up and running? i need a Penderecki.

Um, let me find my playlist... ok here it is... i need a full score for Pendercki's Concerto for Viola and Orchestra, note that is Viola, not Violin.

Don't mess with unless profitable for you, i know starting out is sometimes rough going at first. I'm in no hurry for it, whenever is ok, already have a full plate to work on. When I get money, i'll buy something more expensive than a score, have a wish list here beside my playlist.

Wow, I suddenly got the urge for some Buffalo Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Hi Styxx. How is business doing at your store when no fests are happening? Not that long ago you posted about getting advice setting up to sell sheetmusic, are you up and running? i need a Penderecki.

Um, let me find my playlist... ok here it is... i need a full score for Pendercki's Concerto for Viola and Orchestra, note that is Viola, not Violin.

Don't mess with unless profitable for you, i know starting out is sometimes rough going at first. I'm in no hurry for it, whenever is ok, already have a full plate to work on. When I get money, i'll buy something more expensive than a score, have a wish list here beside my playlist.

Ha! The wife and I just had some (and pizza too!).
    Your request is quite interesting and I may have it in stock. Give me till Monday to check.
    The store has proven to be a great place to work. We have met very interesting people from all around. Some sales persons and some company owners slash CEO's. The best part is the studio is tuning out better than we anticipated. There have been some set backs but thems the breaks. Our goals were bigger than the demographics and we've scaled back to suit the area better. DPDAN had some great advice which I utilized and with great results. Thanks DPDAN!
    Saturdays have been REAL busy for me. I open the store at ten AM and start teaching at noon. Saturday is the busiest day of the week. There are eight teachers teaching students till around 5 PM then it quiets down with a few sales for the remainder of the evening. Sold two high end guitars tonight though! Pretty cool. We're going to carry more high end recording equipment soon such as MOTU, PreSonus, Mackie, Tannoy, and much more. Once the studio is open I will be featuring ALL of Garritans works of art and believe me there are plenty interested!
    I'm having the best time of my life right now. At age 54 I finally can say I feel good about what's happening in my life. I own my first real home, a wonderful beautiful wife, plenty of music work, my very own John Deere Lawn Tractor complete with on board CD deck playing mostly GPO demos and soon my very own professional recording studio. I owe a lot to Gary for his supporting words and to all of you on this forum for your positive support for one another. I guess you can say it turned my thinking around in a positive way. Hard dang work though, but fun as heck!
    I say, say your prayers, it works!
    Thanks for the replies and I'll check into the sheet music on Monday for ya!
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by BarrieB
    Watcha doing in the store at 7 pm anyway - you still finishing off that studio?

regards

Barrie
    Hey Barrie! Yeah, what a project it turned out to be! I never dreamed there would be so much involved with constructing the best sound isolated studio possible. You have to understand we needed to soundproof against impact noise from above from the customers walking around in the display rooms. Let's put it this way, I am shocked the ceiling holds that much batting, barrier, hush board, R-Channel, and 5/8 drywall! The designed called for a sound lock which is totally sound absorbing! Double doors with 10 inch square line of sight windows, double wall construction on the control room and sound lock. Crazy but it works so well one has to walk out of the studio to hear if anyone is upstairs. Wish I could post some pics.
    Well, some day I'll see if we can do a progressive slide show of the building process. Obviously not California or New York City massiveness but it will serve this area quite well.
    Later!
    Styxx

I am so happy to hear your report Mike.

Good for you! You deserve it!

Dan

Well, Styxx, I just read about your progress and it makes me feel good. I hope your successes continue. I don't anticipate buying anything musical for a while, except maybe a tenor ukulele, which I will use to accompany myself singing obscene ballads from my high school days as well as a few of my own lyrics which I will set to music some day!

Richard

Thumbs up Re: OT - It's lonely here tonight ...

Thanks! That's great to hear that it's going so well. Today i was looking at the lawn, the way it has mounds in some places and dips in others, like the plates have been moving around, and was saying to myself i need to get a John Deere Lawn Tractor with a scraper attachment. I didn't even know they came with CD players. Adding that to the wish list.

I am so happy to hear your report Mike.

Good for you! You deserve it!

Dan
    Thanks Dan, can't wait to get the Mac/Intel up and running with DP5!

Well, Styxx, I just read about your progress and it makes me feel good. I hope your successes continue. I don't anticipate buying anything musical for a while, except maybe a tenor ukulele, which I will use to accompany myself singing obscene ballads from my high school days as well as a few of my own lyrics which I will set to music some day!

Richard
    We have plenty of Ukulele in stock. Just let me know when your ready.
    That's priceless, Richard!

I didn't even know they came with CD players. Adding that to the wish list.
    Well, not really ... you have to purchase it seperately and install it yourself but they are made specificly for tracters.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf

Whew! What an exhusting search of all our music! Sorry, we don't seem to have it in store. You might want to try Dover Publications in there Full Score department.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum