• Register
  • Help

Topic: KP1 vs. KP2 problem (with soundclips)

Share/Bookmark

KP1 vs. KP2 problem (with soundclips)

Hey all. Having heard the wonderful results that everyone except me is getting with the KP2 upgrade, I figured I'd give it another shot (and thank you again Tom for helping me figure out how to get the default volume and panning settings back ). However, I'm still having a rather strange problem when trying to use GPO with the upgrade. Observe...

Violins 1 & 2 Lush in unision with KP1
    Violins 1 & 2 Lush in unision with KP2

You can hear that the notes keep cutting out with KP2 and I am completely at a loss to explain why. It's the exact same data both times.

Please help if you can.
    -Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Re: KP1 vs. KP2 problem (with soundclips)

And... yet again... it's just something dumb that I missed. Apparently voice killing can be modified from both the program controls and the instrument controls and I skipped one. Anyway... here's the solution for archival purposes and all that.

Carry on.
    -Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

"relaxed" is usually the best setting. With "disabled" you may get pops and clicks instead. You should be able to play such a simple line without fallouts, unless your CPU is really, really slow. And if it is that slow, "disabled" won't help anyway.

Could you disclose your hardware specs?

P4 3.4GHz, 1GB, running XP, with a creative USB card.

But the thing is, I *don't* get any pops and clicks with voice killing disabled, (which, anyway, are vastly preferable to notes just dropping out since at least the song itself stays intact through the interference). I just assume that KP2 has a terribly inaccurate method for gauging my CPU usage.

On a computer like that, you should certainly be able to use "relaxed" without getting any dropouts. You should hardly see any activity in the CPU meter. Maybe an audio driver problem?

Strictly speaking, there is no problem because everything sounds fine.
    Thanks though.

-Chris

Go Back to forum