• Register
  • Help

Topic: Portamento and pitch bend

Portamento and pitch bend

Dear Mr. Garry,

I am using Strad violin and it is really amazing. Since KSP is disabled in Kontakt 2.1 for the Stardivari violin, I found it impossible to produce fast and repeatative portamentos in real time, I suggest to add a key switch for full portamento playing and a knob to control the portamento timing . Secondly, the pitch bend range is fixed to 2, we need it to be felxable between 1 and 12.

Thank you in advance.

Chandler, Arizona

Re: Portamento and pitch bend

The pitch bend is fixed at 2 steps because it is not logarithmic. The tuning only changes a little bit in the close to center position which allows simulation of the player not quite hitting the notes on pitch. At the outer extremes the pitch bend is more extreme.

Okey, I can scarifice the bend range if the portamento issue is solved.
    As I understand, portamento occures when use the default key switch and I play the second note at a velocity below the first note(correct me if I am wrong), but it need a long interval (20ms) to detect the legato and then play the portamento, so I cannot produce portamento with very fast intervals.

With other instruments, I add the glide script to the instrument and I can produce the effects I want.

Just make a key switch to enable full legato/portamento and add a knob to control the interval.

If there any way to produce the funcionality I mentioned, please show us how.
    Thanks and regards.

no response?

Go Back to forum