• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Wavelore: Playing Catch-Up

Share/Bookmark

Wavelore: Playing Catch-Up

Hi Everyone!

Many of you know that Wavelore Instruments recently released the American Zither. I have been quiet about it here at NSS, as until now I was not an advertising member. Now that I am, let me fill my friends at NSS in on this innovative new instrument:

-This 24-bit, 2GB library of over 1000 hits in GVI (Gigastudio Virtual Instrument) Player format covers a range of three octaves and a half, and makes full use of the GVI engine's most powerful features. Highlights include:

-12-way randomization/round-robin. 12 samples per note, per velocity layer renders the machine-gun effect all but nonexistant, allowing the performance and sequencing of rolls, trills and tremolos without need to tweak for realism. At six velocity layers, that makes for 72 samples per note!

-Body/Symapthetic string resonance using Gigapulse convolution processing. Perspective and wet/dry are automated to allow the user realtime control over timbre and resonance. Every preset is provided with every possible combination of damped-string (body-only) and undamped-string resonance, with and without sustain-pedal automation, as well as basic patches with no convolution.

-iMIDI Rules. Tremolo patches using the modwheel to control the speed at which GVI cycles through round robin alternate samples, with alternate patches for realtime control over dynamics during rolls (using the expression pedal). iMIDI Mono Mode allows extended portamento controls, allowing the user to perform expressive vibrato and bends in realtime on the keyboard. Dynamic Expression Filter patches in SIV (Spectral Interpolation over Velocity) mode allow full dynamic range using just one velocity layer for quick loading and low RAM requirements, as compared to the full six-layer patches.

-Octave-coupled versions of all of the above presets, including the same flexible convolution options and articulations, at no extra cost to your RAM capacity.[/color]

Visit www.wavelore.com for info, demos, order form, free trial version (GS3/GVI) , and freebies.

Best,
    Mark Belbin
    Wavelore Instruments
    www.wavelore.com

Re: Wavelore: Playing Catch-Up

Hi Mark!

You guys have a VERY INFORMATIVE website! And the demos rock!! That zither sounds really really awesome, and the detail you've put into it is nothing short of astounding

Reegs

@Reegs:

Thanks!

@Stephen: You're right. One of the hallmarks (IMO) of our work is the lack of klunkers. However, you would be completely right that my word is worth squat in such regard, as (like you said) even the great established developers have sold us (I say us as a user too) problematic libs on occasion, in some cases w/o ever issuing a fix. This is not my plan: Customer savvy is higher now, and with the predominance of player-encrypted libs it is on the developers' heads to issue top quality with v.1.0. Bottom line: I have no plans to make any products that I (Belbin, the end user) wouldn't consider worth the money. This is my plan-you will see it in action (Read on...).

All this being the case, a time-limited solution is in the works. It only makes sense, since the trial should demo the bundled engine as well as the samples. Unfortunately the logistics of the matter prohibited me from having it ready at release time. I will post when it's up.

Thanks again,
    Mark

Congratulations on the release of American Zither.

Looks like terrific work you have done, especially with advanced features such as Resonance Modeling and Dynamic Expression filters.

Wishing you great success with American Zither and hope to see new innovative products from you in the future.

My best,

Gary Garritan

It's a nice instrument!! Would you consider making it available in exs24 format? That's a whole other user group/market share (read: anybody making music on the Mac), many of whom are not GVI users.

Nigel

Why don't you make it a downloadable product? 1,5 gigs isn't that much to download these days but a product worth 60 bucks can get stuck in the customs and cause even further delay and costs. The best option is to offer both so that people who want / need the boxed version can download the product immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W
    It's a nice instrument!! Would you consider making it available in exs24 format? That's a whole other user group/market share (read: anybody making music on the Mac), many of whom are not GVI users.

Nigel
    Afraid not, Nigel. Two things about it:

1) This library is "Powered by GVI", meaning it's not for GVI, but ships with a version of the GVI engine that is tied to the library. You don't need to own a sampler at all to run this product.

2) The GVI engine is expected to be Mac compatible very soon. When it is, the American Zither will be as well.

Best,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by janila
    Why don't you make it a downloadable product? 1,5 gigs isn't that much to download these days but a product worth 60 bucks can get stuck in the customs and cause even further delay and costs. The best option is to offer both so that people who want / need the boxed version can download the product immediately.
    Working on it-your suggestion goes hand in hand with Stephen's idea of a time-limited demo. If the demo is to be fully functional, it can be the same uploaded install file, the difference being that buyers get a full-release code, and try-ers get a time-limited code.

Once the technical side of making that happen on the web is dealt with, you'll see both. As above, I'll post a notice.

Mark

p.s. @ Gary: Thank you! I am delighted to count myself (at least as unproven) amongst your ranks!

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Working on it-your suggestion goes hand in hand with Stephen's idea of a time-limited demo. If the demo is to be fully functional, it can be the same uploaded install file, the difference being that buyers get a full-release code, and try-ers get a time-limited code.

Once the technical side of making that happen on the web is dealt with, you'll see both. As above, I'll post a notice.

Mark
    Mark,

Given GVI uses a Syncrosoft dongle, I would think you should be able to provide demo functionality similar to VSL, i.e. demos in terms of number of product starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wafflemaster
    Mark,

Given GVI uses a Syncrosoft dongle, I would think you should be able to provide demo functionality similar to VSL, i.e. demos in terms of number of product starts.
    You're right-I can I do have some time limited activation codes, but they have a jillion starts and a jillion days on them: This is too much for a time/start limited activation. It's like letting someone test drive a new car for 6 months. I will be discussing options with TASCAM/Syncrosoft shortly. The draw back to all of this is that no matter how you cut up the time limitation, th interested user will need to already have a syncro dongle. We are working on the business/technical side of a non-protected trial version for non-syncro owners, but this one must be functionality-limited like the current GS3/GVI trial, otherwise it's the same as putting the .gig files on P2P.

Uh-Oh. Did I just hear a can of worms opening?

-Mark

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast