• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Premiere production of my musical "DORIAN" in 2008!!

Premiere production of my musical "DORIAN" in 2008!!

APRIL 2008
    Pentacle Theatre, Salem, Oregon

FINALLY! I'm able to officially announce the news: The Governing Board of Pentacle Theatre here in Salem, Oregon has decided on the line up for the theatre's 2008 season.

"Dorian" will be the 3rd show of the 8 shows presented next year, running four weeks starting in April.

I have been on pins and needles for two months now while the play reading committee and the theatre's board went through the complicated process of considering 80 different shows, and putting together a balanced season with variety and high ticket sales potential.

This is the first time in almost 40 years that they've done an original musical. The publicity will be big for this event because of that very fact.

I'll be directing the production, as I have for 9 shows previously at Pentacle.

In The Listening Room here at the Garritan Forums, since joining up in November, I've been posting the numbers from the show. In celebration of the show being done, I'll be posting the next number soon--I hope you all get a chance to hear it.

WHAT WE SHOULD DO - Organize a Garritan party here in Salem during the run of "Dorian." - ! - The city has a beautiful new hotel at the convention center down town, with the best bar/restaurant on the ground floor. Picture a group of us hanging out there, seeing the show in the evening, maybe starting collaborative projects while everyone's in town---just having a Great Garritan time of it. Think about it!

I'M SO RELIEVED--And wanted the Garritan family online to be the first to know about this fantastic news of mine!

SUNDAY JULY 15th update - Today in the Sunday edition of the Statesman Journal, Salem OR's newspaper, the 2008 season at Pentacle Theatre was announced in a very prominent article, with "Dorian" given a lot of focus. I was surprised to see that they even included a head shot of me!

Here's the good article, pieced together from scans and HTML so I could have an online version of it:

Randy B.
    Last edited by rbowser-; 07-15-2007 at 05:50 PM. Reason: my image disappeared!

Re: Premiere production of my musical "DORIAN" in 2008!!

Well Randy

Let me be the first to say Congratulations! Chances are that I won't be there to see the show, but I'm sure it will be great!

Good luck and all the best,

California Redwoods

Well, that is indeed a good reason to be pleased!!

Chandler, Arizona

Congrats, Randy!

Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

I'm SURE your production will be a great success!!!

Jaker "Shaver"

Nikolas, Richard, Jim "Haydn," diligamus, Jaker "Shaver"--it's so great to have you wonderful Garritan guys so enthused by my news.

I was told about 2 weeks ago that the show was a go, but I was asked to wait until now for public announcements to be made. I've been bursting at the seams!

I've had some fantastic experiences directing shows at Pentacle, some involving the attendance and involvement of celebs. I've tended to direct gigantic events at the theatre which garner the group great publicity, attention, attendance, awards. I'm grateful they're having me back to do another big show--and especially since it's one I've poured myself into for years now, my own original musical.

This is the first time in almost 40 years that they've done an original musical. I feel very honored.

Over in The Listening Room I've just now put up a new segment from "Dorian," in my continuing quest to eventually have played all of the show's music for my online group of Garritan friends. I hope you go all take a listen.

Thanks again--It means very much to me to have your well wishes.

Randy B.

Wilton, NH

Hi Randy – Congratulations! How exciting this must be for you!

I’m sure you’ll keep us posted over the next few months before the premiere. And thinking of posted – I can’t wait to hear more of the musical as you post clips here.
    Trent P. McDonald

Congratulations Randy!

All my best,

Dallas, Texas

Well deserved Randy. I hope your audiences are as enthusiastic as this forum support.

All the best in deed,
    tony h
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Go Back to forum