• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Classic Falling in Love Theme?

Share/Bookmark

Classic Falling in Love Theme?

whats the name of the tune that movies always use when the character falls in love - its usually used in a comedic way? its primarily on the strings and there is a little horn in the background. when i get to an instrument maybe i will figure out the notes and post them. anyway, thanks in advance.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: Classic Falling in Love Theme?

I do believe that would probably be the B section of the Developement in Tchaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet".

:}

- Shase

hmmm i always thought that theme occurs in the recap. section of second theme (love theme) ?

I actually meant the Exposition, as well as the Recapitulation. I'm sorry. I wrote to hastely. Well actually I somehow mixed up my order of the Sonata-Allegro form, my mind said Developement-Exposition-Recap...I don't know why.

But you would be correct about it being in the recap and it would also be in the exposition.

- Shase

gotstogetalifeya - thanks a ton. that was it. i can't explain how happy that made me. big thumbs up.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

And I'm sure ole' Pete rolls his eyes in his grave every time it is used in that fashion...

Quote Originally Posted by ALynn
    And I'm sure ole' Pete rolls his eyes in his grave every time it is used in that fashion...
    Only because he's in no position to collect royalty checks.
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

Quote Originally Posted by gotstogetalifeya
    I do believe that would probably be the B section of the Developement in Tchaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet".

- Shase
    Either that or the Adagio from Katchaturian's Spartacus.

Do they ever use Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral by Wagner, or is that only for after the proposal? It has a sort of dreamy falling in love sound to it and would probably be good for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Either that or the Adagio from Katchaturian's Spartacus.
    This was used at the end of the movie "Ice Age 2" when the little squirrel-rat is "dying" and going to squirrel-rat heaven full of giant acorns... hilarious stuff. But I don't think there is a solo horn in that particular piece as there is in the section of Romeo & Juliet in question.

Go Back to forum