• Register
  • Help

Topic: NI Akoustik Piano on special crossgrade price

Share/Bookmark

NI Akoustik Piano on special crossgrade price

You guys may already know, but in case you don't, this piano is half price now if you own The Grand, Ivory or EW Bosendorfer.

Perhaps version two is due soon

regards

john-studio64

Re: NI Akoustik Piano on special crossgrade price

Hi,
    Any special reason the 1/2 price offer only for those who own Ivory,The Grand or EW Bosendorfer?

It's called crossgrade. Trying to get customer already interested in this type of product, but not in your company.

Finale does the same with most products. "dump Sibelius/Notion and come half price at Finale". And other companies... It makes sort of sense...

Well, I bought the crossgrade Akoustik Piano, mainly because of this link.

http://emusician.com/sftinstruments/...hts/index.html

Spent the usual couple of hours installing/worrying/authorising, and it all went smoothly.

What a disappointment this piano is. Lacks richness, the initial attack is all wrong, far to brittle, very similar to all the cheap/reduced pianos I have mistakingly bought over the years. Very static sound.The only half decent patch, is the "Oliver overtones". Thanks Oliver!

Luckily I own Ivory, which I love, but because the Electronic Musician guys said Akoustik was marginly better, I went for it.

Hopefully, there will be more improvements, it certainly need some.

Sorry, I had to tell someone

regards

I must dispute studio64's take on the NI Akoustik Piano. I actually find it really beautiful sounding, and have been using it in my film scores for the past 2 years with great success. I actually get comments about how nice and warm the piano sounds.
    Of course, we all have our subjective opinions, so I felt I needed to post mine as well.

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

I have a weird mathematical mind, so I'll just comment that:

1. I didn't recall posting in this thread, but apparently I did
    2. I post on 7-13, then 8-14, then 9-16.

I expect this thread to be ressuracted in 10-19...

Thank you for your time,

and sorry for the totally idiotic post (which I know it is... :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anxiety
    I must dispute studio64's take on the NI Akoustik Piano. I actually find it really beautiful sounding, and have been using it in my film scores for the past 2 years with great success.

Mr. A.
    To be fair, with a bit of tweaking, and the right FX, I have grown to like the N I Akoustik Steinway a little more, but I always go back to Ivory.

john-studio64

Like everything else in audio, taste is subjective..
    When I got it with Komplete 4 it wasn't my favourite Acoustic Piano. But it is now the one I use most often because unlike the others which require me to load up Kontakt 2, navigate, then load them up and tweak... this one is one load and one tweak.....so much easier. And I have grown accustomed to the sound and the initial thinness I heard, I no longer :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum