• Register
  • Help

Topic: finale 2006 GPO instruments question

Share/Bookmark

finale 2006 GPO instruments question

Hi, I was just wondering what the difference between the instruments with a KS in their name is from the original. I can hear a difference between Violin Solo, Violin Solo KS, and Violin Solo KS 2, but what are their purposes? What are they supposed to be used for?

Re: finale 2006 GPO instruments question

Quote Originally Posted by tbassist4
    Hi, I was just wondering what the difference between the instruments with a KS in their name is from the original. I can hear a difference between Violin Solo, Violin Solo KS, and Violin Solo KS 2, but what are their purposes? What are they supposed to be used for?
    Hello,

KS stands for Key Switched. Instruments that have KS simply means that the instruments have notes out of the range of those instruments. These 'extra' notes are assigned so that, when activated, switch the instrument to a different effect. As an example, a Violin KS will have an extra note below the range of the violin that when selected will switch the violin to a staccato instrument or whatever.

To learn what KS intruments there are, it would be better to read the manual which gives full information.

Hope this helps.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum