• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: R.Kemp - Requiem at the Holy Trinity (Complete)

Share/Bookmark

R.Kemp - Requiem at the Holy Trinity (Complete)

Last edited by rayzalaf; 07-15-2007 at 07:11 AM. Reason: complete work

Re: R.Kemp - Requiem at the Holy Trinity (Complete)

Well there it is, Ray--You did it. And this order, though you said it was just on a whim when you posted this, seems perfect to me. Really perfect.

All of this has been re-worked quite a bit from the original posts, and it all sounds--great!

Made me kind of proud to hear the little challenge 12 theme I wrote in there for a bit of "Look Upwards."

For some folks to have these playing at their funeral could come across, well, a bit pompous, with the John Williams grandeur of the first piece especially. But your friends know you, and I imagine will get a very good Scottish wry kick out of what you composed for the occasion.

Inviting us to the public concert of these? -OH NO---that would mean---never mind.

OK, now I'm kinda creeped out. Can we get back to Jazzzzzz now?

Thanks for showing us the completed opus. It's really something.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

The Grieving

I believe this will go well beyond the locals appreciation. There is a realistic and artistic depth of the tragedy of loss in this movement; especially for those who are closest, it can be very devastating. I believe you capture this angst strongly and boldly!

Quiet Reflection
    (previous post)

Wow, absolutely beautiful Ray! I know you have made little changes regarding suggestions; but I am very impressed as it stands now. Keep on "tweaking" if you feel it necessary. As far as reflection and contemplation, death is a very provocative theme. I believe you captured this perfectly. I liked the "Ah-men", IV to I cadence. Gives a little bit of peace and hope at the end. No "pun" intended. Great job!

Look Upwards

Very nice resolution; indeed "look up-wards" and for others perhaps "in-wards". As you have it now, this makes for a successful conclusion and would bring those comfort in times of trial.

Thanks Ray for posting this!
    A very "balanced" piece of art!

Michael

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    For some folks to have these playing at their funeral could come across, well, a bit pompous, with the John Williams grandeur of the first piece especially. But your friends know you, and I imagine will get a very good Scottish wry kick out of what you composed for the occasion.

Inviting us to the public concert of these? -OH NO---that would mean---never mind.

OK, now I'm kinda creeped out. Can we get back to Jazzzzzz now?

(rbowser)
    Randy,

Pomp and ceremony! Yes you are right, who do I think I am? I say with a wry look.
    The answer is quite simple. Very few people in my social circle have any idea that I dabble in this kind of music. They mostly think I sing Neil Diamond songs like Cracklin' Rose. I just think it would be a major surprise for some when told who wrote this and they would probably say, "thank God he didn't force this on us when alive!"

Alright I'll stop telling lies! I do want to hear it performed publicly but I couldn't possibly say who for. The Queen Mother's gone and she had Mozart. Probably better going for the common but seriously rich people.
    I'll look in the who's who list and send them all a CD.

Thanks again Randy for your kind words

Ray

Back to Jazz

I remember listening to one of these a little while back. (I don't remember which one.) All 3 together sound wonderful. The harmonies and dissonance's are great. A very clever idea (writing ones own requiem).
    -Jay

- MICHAEL -

Thanks for your glowing review of my work here.
    I will tweak all the tracks a little as I revisit them but I've already burned a copy to CD and checked it out in the car not the church! The mix is not bad but you know there is always something just not at it's best, balanced or whatever.

My Best

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    I remember listening to one of these a little while back. (I don't remember which one.) All 3 together sound wonderful. The harmonies and dissonance's are great. A very clever idea (writing ones own requiem).
    -Jay
    Hi Jay,

Clever? I've got to show my wife how to work the CD player. I can't ask the organist to play them. He hasn't got enough fingers! (re-write organ score) future project?
    You're right about hearing one or two already, it's always an issue when doing this final posting all together, as some may think they've already commented or just listened to them, even though they are all different from the original posts in development and mastering.

Now I'm going to go back to my Jazz album.

My Best

Ray

Ray,

I've finally gotten to listen to this, all three movements,
    of a piece and at once.

I'll skip all the blather of technical debris, Ray. I think
    you've had quite enough of that. Instead:

This is one funeral it would really be worth going to.

But not soon, my friend, not soon; there's far more
    music in you, and this is just a beginning.

Very fitting that you start at the end, first, though... lol.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Ray,

This is one funeral it would really be worth going to.

Editing quotes can make them misleading but I trust this is the way it is

Thanks for your kind words David

Ray

Thank you Ray for sharing this very personal piece of music. What a great idea and what a fabulous suite. A true gift of love to those close to you!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast