• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Righteous - GPO - little 2min50 piece

Righteous - GPO - little 2min50 piece

Hi everyone

I finally got back from my "end-of-degree" celebratory travels a few days ago and was desperate to get back to my beloved soundstation, so i wrote this little piece yesterday. After spending hours getting frustrated with cubase SX Ive finally given up trying to "perfect" the mix and i present it as is, with some hefty atmopsheric reverbs!

Its not called "righteous" for any particular reason, but please put forward any images this little piece might conjure up in your musical eye!
    different instrumental families have different reverbs applied, and its all GPO (what else?!).I scored it first but the ending is as is because I couldn't be bothered to write more! hope you enjoy it and please criticise as appropriate!

PS: does anyone know of a fix for the percussion samples in KP2 yet?! its been driving me bananas!!!

Re: Righteous - GPO - little 2min50 piece

Hello Ben,

This sounds just super! Loved it--Very gripping.

Now wait a minute--you did this just yesterday? OH Nooo, another lightning fast operator. I have no idea how you could do that. What I just heard would take me at least 3 weeks!

But what's this--you're already frustrated by trying to finish things up in Cubase? lol--You Do work fast--From composition to moving on, not ending the piece, no more than a few hours with the mix--all in the course of a day or two!

I enjoyed a lot. Thanks much! Maybe you'll be inspired to continue the piece, I hope you are.

Randy B.

Ben, that`s great!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Very nice work, Ben!

I especially liked the opening.. very pensive.

The sudden shift to a strong rhythmic string was a nice surprise!.. really kept the arrangement flowing.

Great Job!

Hi guys

thanks for the compliments and taking time to listen! Rbowser, I should make it clear that although I only wrote it yesterday, i have spent many hours on it! starting midafternoon it took till 9 in the evening to score (i always have to score, keeps me focused!) then till 3 in the morning inputting the midi data, tidying it etc. then 4 hours today just trying to get a good mix (thankyou steinberg! ) so it has taken about 12 hours, which is quite a long time for something like this. bear in mind i have no job at the moment or other commitments! (long may it last!)

anyway, thanks again guys. i sleep happily tonight!

I don't know why, but the start of this piece makes me think of a forest, maybe in the morning. And then it gets serious. I love the transitions of mood. I think this is a great sounding piece. It want to hear more.
    Thanks for posting it.

Hi Ben,
    First of all, it's an impressive piece of music!
    I have just started learning Cubase, so that gives me a first impression on what can be achieved with it!
    As I heard it I had the feeling that it describes first your feelings while on your travels, remebering, longing and dreaming, then the realization that it's time to get back home and pushing forward, and then the feelings you experienced while creating again, enthusiasm, frustration, acceptance but not giving up.
    Looking forward to more of your work!

I think it is very good composition- and soundwise.

For percussion, why do you not just use the Kontakt 1.1.8 player? What exactly is the problem?

All your strings belong to me!

This asks for more......... I loved the opening and the sudden tempo change.
    Finish it please

Thanks again guys! and some interesting interpretations!

SUnbird, i definitely wont be giving up, im about to start a masters in soundtrack production! (and im petrified that i know nothing at all!)

Hannes_F - for some reason i cant get the old player to work anymore, i dont understand why. Thanks for taking the time to listen to it!

Raymond62 - sorry Raymond, it will never be a completed piece as Ive got other projects that i need to move onto (which I shall be posting in the near future!). Howeer if you or anyone else fancies finishing the piece, that could prove to be very interesting! I can email people the sib score if they want to give it a bash!

Thanks again!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast