• Register
  • Help

Topic: Uninstall of OLD GPO2 for Finale

Share/Bookmark

Uninstall of OLD GPO2 for Finale

Hello,
    I recently upgraded to Finale 2008 with the new Garritan Sounds for Finale. After a few days of getting used to the new Finale I uninstalled Finale 2007. I also uninstalled the OLD Finale GPO instruments. So far so good.

When I open my Kontakt 2 player in Finale 2008 there is an icon for the OLD Finale GPO instruments in the "browser" window on the left (as well as the new one). It's non-functional (the GPO2 for Finale icon) and everything else works fine otherwise.

How can I remove this icon? I believe it's probably in the registry somewhere but won't touch THAT without more info! All help appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Uninstall of OLD GPO2 for Finale

Here is a screenshot concerning what I am talking about:

Okay a little more info...

I ran regedit and navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    then to the folder NATIVE INSTRUMENTS
    then to the folder FINALE GPO 2

If I delete the FINALE GPO 2 folder will that do it?

Help help!

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    Okay a little more info...

I ran regedit and navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    then to the folder NATIVE INSTRUMENTS
    then to the folder FINALE GPO 2

If I delete the FINALE GPO 2 folder will that do it?

Help help!
    Perhaps. In any case you may have to also delete k2lib0102 REG_SZ Finale GPO 2.0 from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Native Instruments\Content.

Nickie,

Thank you. That did the trick! I deleted both the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE |Software | Native Instruments | Finale GPO2 folder AND HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE |Software | Native Instruments | Content |k2lib0102REG_S2 Finale GPOP2.0. That removed the "icon" from my Finale KP2 screen and everything works great.

What I did wrong was: In removing Finale GPO 2.0 I did a custom uninstall and left one file undeleted (an old holdover habit of mine from the dark ages of computing - if I didn't recognize the file or it wasn't in the deleting program's path I didn't delete it - I had too many uninstalls, way back when, that messed up other programs). I need to trust new software more I guess.

Anyway, thank you for your help.

FWIW, I uninstalled the old GPO2 by navigating to the directory that contained it and executing the UNWISE.EXE file contained there. I did not experience the problems you did.

Did you by some chance simply remove the entire folder without executing UNWISE.EXE?

I should have done that. It was not the uninstall program's fault. I did a "custom uninstall" to see exactly WHAT was being uninstalled, and left two files I couldn't identify on my system. Entirely my mistake. This is a habit I developed long ago (early eighties) when uninstallers were not as friendly as they are now. I should trust the newer software a bit more I guess. I am glad your experience was successful.

Go Back to forum