• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: My New Website is Finally Up

Share/Bookmark

OT: My New Website is Finally Up

Hey everyone,

I thought I would let you all know that my new Website is up and running. Please chceck it out give me some feedback. I know that there is this annoying Internet Explorer Active X message that comes up and that it may not look right in some browsers. Please let me know what issues you are having.

Also, if any of you have a website and would like to have a link on my LINKS page, please give me the url to your page, your name, and what you do and I'll add it to it.

Thanks. I hope you enjoy it.

Jonny

www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: OT: My New Website is Finally Up

Hey Jonny!

The website runs perfect on my computer:

P4, windows xp home, Firefox.

The only thing, as a sugestion, would be to have a bit of more music. It took me quite a while to find where I could listen to your music. The player at the left side is tiny, and does not mention the tracks it's playing, so I wasn't having much luck with that. I went to the concert pages and found a large list, with no scores, or music Even some samples. I would love to hear some of you concert music... And the film part of the music section, was again a bit weird, as it had no clips, and had 1 music playing immediately after entering vaarious films you've done. Very nice idea with the pictures from films and the showcasing them.

In all a very nice website.

Hello Jonny,

I get an orchestra tune up behind a black screen, the rest is - lost?

Apple Mac OSX

tony h
    Last edited by jamiha; 07-11-2007 at 06:56 AM. Reason: mispelling name
    tony h
    Master Comp. P5 deluxe intel dual core, Windows XP Pro, 4G ram, HD's=OS Audio, two samples, Cubase 3/4 , GVI Kirk Hunter Concert strings, KH Concert brass, Emerald, Miroslav strings, brass, Quantum Leap brass. DAW and Master comp by pcaudiolabs- Slave Comp for VI only, Gigabyte Intel ,8G ram, ethernet, Windows Vista Ultimatex64, VI Ensemble,VI SE Appasionata strings.

Jonny,

Looks great! Mac OS Tiger, Firefox. The only two things I'd mention is that the volume is too low on your main - not intro - page. I really had to crank up my speaker; and the images on the splash page go by too quickly. I don't know if that can be changed, but I'd like a little more time to see visual impetus of your work.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Thanks guys. I'll give it another look when I get home this evening.

As far as the splash screen, you have to click on the "Click here" to go to the actually site. I'm trying to figure out how to make it go on its own, but I'm not having any luck yet. I'll figure it out though.

I plan on having music on the concert page, but haven't gotten to it yet.

I thought the volumes were a bit to low, as well.

Thanks for the feedback. If anyone has any more, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

HI, Jonny - Thanks for posting your link.

Here's a short report based on a quick visit I just went on:

--The opening splash page animation is WAY too fast, as has been noted here. There's probably code for you to type in so the montage happens at a speed where we can see the images.

--Following the splash, I had black screen with no indication of what to do next. I just clicked all over the blank black expanse until I was suddenly in.

--In the chunk of testimonials, there's some messed up formatting, causing some text to get bunched up and overlap.

--I can confirm volumes were low for me too.

Will do more looking--It basically looks Really nice!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thumbs up Re: OT: My New Website is Finally Up

Jonny,
    It looks great, works well on this Mac w Tiger10.4.10's Safari Browser. Music player buttons work and all link buttons are working.

Is that one you make yourself with a dot mac account or something, or is it from some service you hire?

My suggestions: Change the Click Here to read Skip Intro. Also, watch out for Bookman Old Style. The page looks not how you intend it on systems that don't have this font installed.
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Great site Jonny!

I had some formatting issues as well - text overlaying on top of your photo, and the testimonials at the bottom were chopped off too.

I'd keep the scrolling text effect to just the top. and I would make its repetition cycle a lot longer - seems to actually distract, rather than invite.

It is a great effect, but perhaps have it do it once, vs. a continual loop.

other than that - I loved it.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Go Back to forum