• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cool Edit Pro

Share/Bookmark

Cool Edit Pro

For those users who think to update to Adobe Audition.

I recently read a message where the replier wanted to update from CoolEditPro to Audition, sorry, I can't find this anymore.
    Anybody who is willing to update, watch out.

When you update the program don't throw away CoolEdit, or don't de-install it. Maybe you need it in the future. I went all the way from the almost the first version of CoolEdit to Audition 2.0 and kept version 1.5.

In Audition 1.5, as well as in CoolEdit you can record wave info for infinite length. In Audition 2.0 this is limited to a very short sample (at least on my system). So whenever I want to record wave info (maybe as a Slave program triggered by Midi clock or else) I use Audition 1.5 and NOT version 2.0, because of this limitation.

Is the update worth the money? That is not for me to decide, but as far as I can remember, all necessary effects are also present in CoolEdit, like Dynamics, Parametric Equalizer and so on. The only thing, that I can't remember, is the use of DirectX and VST plugs. This is very handy in Audition 2.0.

So, download first the try-out version before paying.

Hope this is of any use,

Raymond

Re: Cool Edit Pro

In Audition 1.5, as well as in CoolEdit you can record wave info for infinite length. In Audition 2.0 this is limited to a very short sample (at least on my system). So whenever I want to record wave info (maybe as a Slave program triggered by Midi clock or else) I use Audition 1.5 and NOT version 2.0, because of this limitation.
    Im not an Audition user, but that sound strange. Maybe you need to create a new document with the given time before record? or maybe you need to point Audition to a TMP folder with enough space in disk?
    Marcelo Colina

"In Audition 2.0 this is limited to a very short sample (at least on my system)."

Hi Raymond -

I don't use Audition (I use SoundForge) but I find this difficult to believe.
    The program is designed to edit, play, and record audio. It doesn't make
    any sense that they would cripple it that way.

Are you sure you are not using a demo version? Or that you have forgotten
    to register it? I don't mean to be critical, but something is not quite right
    here. You should continue to research this before giving up on Audition 2.

Good luck!
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

- Andy Warhol

Hi folks,

I am NOT giving up Audition 2.0!! But I just wanted to warn you about this very, very strange thing. I did register it, bought it, so it is fully legal to use it. Also examined this strange behaviour and couldn't find a solution for it.

It only concerns recording wave files from outside sources.
    Thinking it isn't necessary, but I will have a 1000-th look at this.

Raymond

It does sound like a rather stupid "feature" ... have you checked this out?:
    http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bbe33cd
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

If this is the answer to the problems, it is indeed "stupid" .
    I unticked it and soon will find out.

Many thanks of this never-thought-it-would-be-possible-answer

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by chesterdesmond
    It does sound like a rather stupid "feature" ... have you checked this out?:
    http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bbe33cd
    This is the answer to numerous searches on the NET and elsewhere.
    I tested it and now Audition does what is expected.
    Thank you for this more than valuable link.

Raymond

You're welcome, glad to see it was resolved.
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Excellent call, Chester - Glad your problems are solved, Raymond.

I read this thread then checked on the link--ah yes, "..."Release ASIO Driver in Background"..." I've come across this in several programs as the default, but which has to be un-checked in order to do the kind of audio editing we need. Otherwise, every time I temporarily take an audio track in Sonar out to Sound Forge, I'd lose connection with my sound card.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Yes Randy and others.... this forum is just a nice living library of knowledge one couldn't do without to survive in this cruel world

Raymond

Go Back to forum