• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: The Latest Update to Where We Are At

Share/Bookmark

The Latest Update to Where We Are At

Here's the scoup regarding the latest:

Finale and Sibelius...
    Finale 2008 and Sibelius 5 and now both now shipping. Both have extensive new soundsets from the Garritan libraries. Also Our libraries have been updated to be optimized for Finale 2008 and Sibelius 5 and updates will be available soon.

GPO and JABB...
    We just received the latest installers from NI for GPO & JABB.Unfortunately MakeMusic found some K2 errors when testing the installers and now this has gone back to Native Instruments for correction. Hopefully we'll get new installers soon and make the latest updates available ASAP.
    It is my understanding that eventually everyone will be able to download the same version of the Kontakt 2 Player so there will not be confusion as to version numbers.
    Concert and Marching Band...
    We hoped this was ready to go by now, but the same errors as reported above showed up for the Concert and Marching Band.

All printing is done and we are awaiting the fix and the masters. Once we get the master and give it the go ahead, its two weeks after that to have product.

I am very pleased with how it is sounding and the beta testers seem to be enjoying this library.
    Reason GPO...
    We are almost finished and this will be our first downloadable library. We'll post as soon as it is ready.
    Steinway Piano...
    The Steinway is coming along nicely in beta and we are optimizing performance. We added more beta testers and giving it a work out. I am very pleased with the new player and performance. The Steinway is requiring most of our focus lately and we want to get this out ASAP. When it's just about ready to release we will announce more info and post screenshots and demos.
    General MIDI...
    This library is just about there. We had to redo some programming since this cannot work in Bandstand as we had originally hoped. We added some additional functionality to get more expressive sounds from General Midi. We also hope this will be ready late next month if Murphy's Law does not operate again.
    Stradivari, Gofriller, Solo Strings and Orchestral Strings 2...
    As previously mentioned, Strad 2.0r and Gofriller Cello are shipping and working well. We are rethinking our strategy with regards to all of the strings. We don't yet know for sure which changes will come about but will keep you informed when we decide. GOS 2 is coming along quite well and we're adding new capabilities for it in our new player. We'll post more information about the strings later.
    Choirs...
    Also progressing just nicely. The upcoming Garritan Choirs comprise samples from members of one of the world's most well-known choirs. We are in R&D mode trying something totally different and will tell you more when the time is right.

New Courses...
    Chuck's Jazz Arranging Course and book are almost done. We are finsihing the last on the interactive scores. We also have another orchestration course we'll be offering. After the summer we'll commence some new cources.
    GPO Christmas Album 2007...
    DP Dan is doing a good job on putting this together this year's community Christmas album. It's hard to think about Christmas in this July heat.
    ------

That's the latest for now. We'll continue to do our best to keep everyone informed - letting you know what was happening when it was happening.
    We hope the remaining glitches will be history. Thanks again for your patience. Let me know if you have any questions and I will answer what I can.

Gary Garritan

Re: The Latest Update to Where We Are At

Three cheers for Gary and his team!

Hip hip hooray!
    Hip hip hooray!
    Hip hip hooray!

Thanks, Gary. It's always good to hear just where you are in the development of these wonderful libraries. (We could only wish NI was as open with their info. <g>)
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Smile Re: The Latest Update to Where We Are At

Thanks, Gary. Good to get an update, and glad good things are just around the corner.

"Bandstand"?

Is that the name of the new drag and drop engine?

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Thanks, Gary. Good to get an update, and glad good things are just around the corner.

"Bandstand"?

Is that the name of the new drag and drop engine?
    "Bandstand" is NI's General MIDI Product.

Thanks, too, Gary. Great update. Can't wait to see and play with all of the new products.

Keith W.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Finale and Sibelius...
    Finale 2008 and Sibelius 5 and now both now shipping. Both have extensive new soundsets from the Garritan libraries. Also Our libraries have been updated to be optimized for Finale 2008 and Sibelius 5 and updates will be available soon.

GPO and JABB...
    We just received the latest installers from NI for GPO & JABB.Unfortunately MakeMusic found some K2 errors when testing the installers and now this has gone back to Native Instruments for correction. Hopefully we'll get new installers soon and make the latest updates available ASAP.
    It is my understanding that eventually everyone will be able to download the same version of the Kontakt 2 Player so there will not be confusion as to version numbers.
    I wouldn't mind a bit more informatin on these "issues".
    I've downloaded the update for GPO and JABB to KP2, and installed Finale 2008, all with relative ease, and have been using them together with great success.

Does this imply that I will need to update the players again at some later (soon) date?

Downloadable libraries are a greeat idea!

Thanks for the update Gary! I've been waiting for the piano very much and I can already tell without hearing the demos that it is the one I need and want. Funny, though. I've already talked to all my friends about a digital instrument I've never actually heard myself.

Same on the GOS2. Both on my list.

Thanks for the update once more! I hope some easy ensemble building using only one channel midi data is on the feature list. <3 This is what I want the most of the most of the most.

Hi Gary!

As busy as you are, I hope you're having a nice summer.

Regarding the new GPO Steinway, will the sustain pedal have half-pedaling and sympathetic string vibration (i.e., some sort of harmonic resonance from notes not actually struck)?

Thanks,
    Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    I wouldn't mind a bit more informatin on these "issues".
    I've downloaded the update for GPO and JABB to KP2, and installed Finale 2008, all with relative ease, and have been using them together with great success.

Does this imply that I will need to update the players again at some later (soon) date?
    Michel,

I believe you should be fine if you are on a Mac Intel. As I understand it, on some other systems the the nks files from previous installations were not being found and moved to their proper destinations.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by DarwinKopp
    Hi Gary!

As busy as you are, I hope you're having a nice summer.

Regarding the new GPO Steinway, will the sustain pedal have half-pedaling and sympathetic string vibration (i.e., some sort of harmonic resonance from notes not actually struck)?

Thanks,
    Darwin
    Darwin,

Summer has been quite enjoyable and busy. Hope you are having a good summer.

The Authorized Steinway will have proportional pedaling (not just half) and also we're planning sympathetic resonance.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum