• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help - can't find my serial number

Share/Bookmark

Help - can't find my serial number

Tom, or whoever's listening,

I am a registered JABB owner and user, but I recently had a HD crash and have had to reinstall all my software. I can't find the serial number on my packaging anywhere. The only number I have is the NI Player Serial Number. Where is the JABB number? It doesn't seem to be in the manual either unless I've just missed it. I need to get this set up ASAP to meet a deadline.

Thanks!
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA
    www.bakersjazzandmore.com

Re: Help - can't find my serial number

You will find your S/N in the DVD case right above the disc.

You authorize the Player. The library is then implicitly authorized.

That's the problem. The number, presumably on a sticker, has somehow gotten lost. I guess I'll have to call Garritan directly and plead my case.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

Re: Help - can't find my serial number - SOLVED!

To anyone having the same experience with re-installing after a HD crash - here's the solution. Go to the Native Instruments website (www.native-instruments.com), log in, and go to the Support page. About three items down you'll see Manage Registrations. Click on that link. That takes you to a page that lists all the known registrations of NI products. Included in each listing is the Serial Number for your product. THAT is the five segmented number the Installation program is looking for.

NOTE: If you've upgraded to the K2 player, use the Serial Number for the K2 player update, NOT your original Serial Number.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

In addition, I should mention that I did try the NI number that was still stuck in the DVD case, but it didn't work because I had already upgraded to the K2 player and NI had replaced that number with a new number that was only available in the location described in my previous message.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

Well, all the previous histrionics ended up being much ado about nothing. After spending time on the phone with NI tech support and Garritan support, I tried just doing a clean, start from scratch - clean out the registry, install, and for whatever reason, everything worked as it should this time. The software installed, the Serial Numbers worked, the Update worked - everything is good to go now. So...........

Disregard the previous two postings. They're irrelevant and based on some serious software confusion due to a faulty install in the first place. I'm sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused anybody else.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

Go Back to forum