• Register
  • Help

Topic: Updated Cello nki file for Finale 2008

Orcas Island

Updated Cello nki file for Finale 2008

Here is the updated Gofriller Cello nki file for Finale 2008:

This will fixthe keyswitches and the correct octaves.

Gary Garritan

Re: Updated Cello nki file for Finale 2008

I've installed the 3.03 nki file in the same directory as the older 3.02 files, but for some reason, I get a "samples missing" message when I try to load the Gopher into the Kontakt Player 2 (within Finale 2008).

If I then click on "Browse for folder" and select the parent folder where the nkc and nkx files are, it finds the samples.

is there something in this new nki file that is pointing to the wrong place compared to the 3.02 file?

this is how it's installed on my disk:

...\Garritan Gofriller Cello\Gofriller Cello_001.nkc
    ...\Garritan Gofriller Cello\Gofriller Cello_001.nkx
    ...\Garritan Gofriller Cello\Gofriller Cello_info.nkc
    ...\Garritan Gofriller Cello\Gofriller Cello_info.nkx
    ...\Garritan Gofriller Cello\Instruments\The Gofriller Cello v.3.02 for Finale.nki
    ...\Garritan Gofriller Cello\Instruments\The Gofriller Cello v.3.02.nki
    ...\Garritan Gofriller Cello\Instruments\The Gofriller Cello v.3.03 for Finale.nki

If I "browse for folder" it opens by default in the "\Instruments" directory, I then need to move back to the parent directory for the samples to be found.

I have to do this manually every single time I want to load a cello. It doesn't "remember" that the samples actually ARE there.

Is there something to do to fix this?

Is there a .txt file for Finale to recognize the Gofriller and Strad in the launch window?

Michel, once you have successfully loaded the Gopher, click Load/Save | Save | Instrument #x - The Gofriller Cello v.3.03 for Finale.nki. KP2 should remember the location of the samples hereafter.

Ok, I was afraid to do that, unsure whether it would alter something for the future, but went and did it anyways, and now everything works beautifully.

Sorry for getting my panties in an uproar.

I think I was stressed out... installing a new HD, then getting all my libraries moved to the new drive, and installing the strad and gofriller...

Well, it ALL works beautifully now.

Thank-you all!

Go Back to forum