• Register
  • Help

Topic: stradivari and gofriller in GPO...

Share/Bookmark

stradivari and gofriller in GPO...

I'm seriously considering purchasing the Garritan Personal Orchestra, and I have a little question. I noticed that on the instrument list there is a Stradivari solo violin and a Gofriller solo cello. Are these the same instrument samplings that are being sold seperately? There's a Stradivarius violin pack and a Gofriller cello pack, are these included within GPO? If not, how does the quality compare between the GPO versions and the stand-alone versions?

Re: stradivari and gofriller in GPO...

no are they are not the same samples

night and day.

that's not to say GPO violin or cello are unusable.

Ray

i thought the GPO solo violins were really good, then i got the strad and gofriller. they are absolutely the most amazing virtual instruments i have ever played. if you search the internet you can find them for about 150-160 each, but thats still a lot of money. i'd say you should try out GPO first, then if you feel like you need an incredible violin and cello go for it. i promise that you won't be disappointed.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by tbassist4
    I'm seriously considering purchasing the Garritan Personal Orchestra, and I have a little question. I noticed that on the instrument list there is a Stradivari solo violin and a Gofriller solo cello. Are these the same instrument samplings that are being sold seperately? There's a Stradivarius violin pack and a Gofriller cello pack, are these included within GPO? If not, how does the quality compare between the GPO versions and the stand-alone versions?
    The Stradivari and Gofriller in GPO is a small subset of an extensive recording of these instruments. A more extensive set of these recordings were used in the Stradivari Solo Violin and the Gofriller Cello which used more samples of the same recordings and, of course, a great deal of real-time control using Giorgio's and Stefano's processes. The we have many more recorded samples of these instruments which may be used in the future.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum