• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: FM E-Piano be needed

Share/Bookmark

FM E-Piano be needed

Hello,
    where can I get a FM E-Piano sound used in so many famous songs from Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston?

Metuschelach

Re: FM E-Piano be needed

Quote Originally Posted by Metuschelach
    Hello,
    where can I get a FM E-Piano sound used in so many famous songs from Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston?

Metuschelach
    Wouldn't that be a Yamaha DX7...????
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Exactly. Is it possible to get that as a sample lib?

According to Wikipedia, FM8 should emulate a DX7.

Thank you for your helpful answers, Worra and Nickie Fønshauge. My quest is over I think the FM8 could be the right thing.

Best Regards,
    Michael

Yea, that big,wide,fm rhodes still sounds great on a lot of stuff to me, too. Not sure if the fm8 will do it alone. Lemme know how you like it. Most of those rhodes sounds on the records have a tx816 thown in the mix. A lot of times for ballads I'll use an MKS-20 midied to the motif-es (doing the fm thing) and it sounds really nice,phat, and wide.

Check this out: http://www.applied-acoustics.com/loungelizard.php
    It has a DX7 preset as far as I can remember (haven't use it in a while now)

Quote Originally Posted by MindToAsk
    Check this out: http://www.applied-acoustics.com/loungelizard.php
    It has a DX7 preset as far as I can remember (haven't use it in a while now)
    Bigga Giggas did an "FM Encyclopedia" some time ago. If anyone's ok with the idea of using sampled synths, this is probably a go-to library. Haven't read any reviews, though.

-Belbin

I have FM8 and while I can't specifically remember a specific 80's EP sound I'm sure that it is capable and has them in spades. Aside from that it kicks major bum as far as being a really cool diverse sounding synth. Love it! Plus you can download a demo version and check it out for free!

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    Bigga Giggas did an "FM Encyclopedia" some time ago. If anyone's ok with the idea of using sampled synths, this is probably a go-to library. Haven't read any reviews, though.

-Belbin
    I'm sorry to say that Bigga Giggas is no more...
    I'll try to contact John Thomas and see if I can sell some of the old stuff. It's a bit old, but some stuff was quite cool!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum