• Register
  • Help

Topic: two questions...

Share/Bookmark

two questions...

1. is there any way to use variability controls on section strings sus and lush?

2. can GPO studio be used with KP2?

Re: two questions...

Quote Originally Posted by kanazo
    1. is there any way to use variability controls on section strings sus and lush?
    Sustain string section instruments do not have VAR capability - just rapidly repeating instruments like short bows and pizz.

2. can GPO studio be used with KP2?
    Unfortunately, no. At least not at this time. Studio was designed specifically for the KP1 player. I have no information on if a new version designed for the KP2 player will be developed.

Tom

Re: two questions...

In regards to KP2 and Studio, the best workaround (on PC) is a utility called MIDI Yoke. It functions similarly to GPO Studio's installation in that it creates virtual midi ports on your computer, allowing you to chain MIDI inputs and outputs inside your system. I believe the mac equivalent is called MidiPipes, but I am not sure.

By running KP2 standalone alongside your notation program, you can assign the outputs of the notation to MIDI Yoke Port 1 and the input of KP2 to MIDI Yoke Port 1. KP2 supports four ports of 16 channels each (these are the first four enabled devices in its midi input list) which gives you 64 individual channels to send from the notation program (or other midi prog) to KP2.
    You can then use an external audio program (Audacity, Goldwave, Audition) to capture the audio from KP2, effectively replicating the Record to Disk function of Studio v2.

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum