• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: First ever posting of my music

Share/Bookmark

First ever posting of my music

Hi All,

Well, I finally bit the bullet and decided to post something. No more excuses.
    Here's the link to Man; Part I - From Dust. It's part of a bigger project I've been working on for a VERY LONG time.

http://www.box.net/shared/ssvcncxb7b

Hope you enjoy.

It does have some GPO in it, so I suppose it qualifies to be in here.

Rob

Re: First ever posting of my music

Very relaxing and great sound! I'm a big sucker for soundscapes like this; the inevitable question arises: which parts are GPO? Nice job....
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Glad you like it.

GPO:
    Strings; Lush 1st Violins, Lush 2nd Violins, Lush Violas, Lush Cellos, Lush Double Basses. Layered with eight solo violins (four for each section), three solo violas, three solo cellos, two solo double basses.

Horns: four French horns and two Tenor Trombones.

Chromatic Harp - I forget which one.
    - - - - -
    Other instruments: several Atmosphere patches (slightly modified), MiniDizi, MiniEhru, Logic v5 synths, Kurzweil K2000, Roland U220, Proteus/1. Edit: Forgot Sampletekk TSO in GS3. ( This song might qualify for that "used everything" thread!)

Rob

oh cool thanks for the info, I thought from your first post
    It does have some GPO in it, so I suppose it qualifies to be in here
    that it may have only had a small amount of GPO sounds. Even more impressive now
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

Hello, Rob

You're certainly right, it's time for no more excuses--Get that music out there, get yourself up and working on your big project--DO it all!

And this "Man; Part I - From Dust," your atmospheric wash of soundscape work is an unusual thing to hear in The Listening Room. NIce to be taken to a new, unexpected place--And you did a fabulous job with it. Extremely effective.

Wow--Lots of GPO strings layered in this, and you got a great sound from them.

I sure appreciate you posting this. Hope you get inspired to keep working on this full big project you mentioned.

Thanks!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Wink Re: First ever posting of my music

Rob,

what a coooool sounding!

I like this kind of music very much, and what you did is very good!

Ern, please pm me one of yours too... Hm, I hear this on Alesis Monitor Two, where I can hear this low end on the mix very well.... , the deep bass sounds great for me.... .

My Best

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Congratulations on bringing your music to the northernsounds people.

Everything was right about this musically for me.

Having watched that video on Youtube last night about the art of mixing the question I ask myself is ... would it be possible to select one part for a "starring" role in each passage? Or would that not work with this kind of music? What do you think?

Anyways I enjoyed your music and listened to it three times.
    Vista / Sonar Home Studio 6 / GPO 2d edition / Melodyne Uno 1.8

Hey Rob, Wow, what a wonderfully warm musical breeze that washes over one who listens! Thank for this journey and displaying a new palette of colors you've created from GPO. Please keep posting!

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Hi Rob,
    Very glad that you decided to post this.
    It is absolutely a great sounding work!
    I listened to it with much interest and pleasure from start to end!
    Loved the swelling parts and the delicate solo (which instrument is it?) in the middle!
    Thanks for posting this and looking forward to hearing the sequel!

Very beautifully rendered - your ability to create what you are hearing/writing is terrific. The spaciousness is very engaging; I'll be very curious to see how this develops. Congratulations on a first post! And welcome aboard.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast