• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can JABB brasses play multiple voices at same time?

Share/Bookmark

Can JABB brasses play multiple voices at same time?

Is there any setting I could do to be able to play two notes at the same time with JABB brasses? I would love to use these instruments while gigging but I can't build a brass ensemble because they won't get assigned to multiple voices when I play a chord so I wish they played all the notes I play.

Is there any way?

Re: Can JABB brasses play multiple voices at same time?

karvasika

Tom has already given you a succinct and accurate answer. Those instruments behave like their real-world counterparts--A Trumpet plays one note at a time, it's monophonic.

The Lite instruments are intended for sketching in ideas, but not for finished recordings, because you don't have very much control over their sound. But they can be polyphonic.

You really don't want to do what you're trying - It would reduce the great sounds of JABB to synth keyboardish "sounds" - they're so far beyond that.

I understand your frustration though, since you wanted to play live gigs with it. Well--you can add killer Trumpet lines--great solos with all the instruments in fact--Those you could live and blow them away.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Thanks!

This is exactly what I was looking for!

The reason I need this kinda gig brass is that I'm totally gigging with a midi controller and I don't have any other brass library so I needed something I could play at least two voices with.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by karvasika
    Thanks!

This is exactly what I was looking for!

The reason I need this kinda gig brass is that I'm totally gigging with a midi controller and I don't have any other brass library so I needed something I could play at least two voices with.

Thanks again!
    If Tom was refering to the JABB Performance Patch's I posted, I don't think they will solve your problem. The Horn Patches do not use the Lite Versions.
    A while back I was working on a Horn Section Patch that includes the Lite versions of the Trumpet, Trombone (both Open & Harmon Mute) Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxes. Sections of any combination of these instruments are possible. It was never released as I was not happy with it compared against building a section with individual instruments. But, if you or anyone else is interested I could make it available as an unsupported alpha version. You will need the Full Kontakt 2.2.1 to use it and of course The full JABB Library.

Mike

Go Back to forum