• Register
  • Help

Topic: Free Drums (Partial Kit)

Share/Bookmark

Free Drums (Partial Kit)

Hey all,

Just doing some HD cleanup here and came across some old .gig I made in a basement two years ago. Fresh ears tell me that they may be useful to some of you.

I've posted a free snare, kick, and hi-hat at http://www.wavelore.com/extras.shtml

They were recorded with a single SM57 out front of the kit, so they contain plenty of ambience. However, I've found the snare useful in lots of contexts, from rock to orchestral (even jazz and easy listening). The kick is pretty John Bonham-ish, so may only find a home in grittier contexts. Hi-Hat...well I only ever got around to sampling one velocity layer, but I felt that the nature of the instrument, as well as the detail given other areas of the sampling make up for that. You be the judge.

All in all, and for what they are....not too shabby for a HD cleanup find.

Mark Belbin
    Wavelore Instruments
    www.wavelore.com

Re: Free Drums (Partial Kit)

Hi Mark,
    Thanks ever so much for sharing these, and the slide whistle. I fully intend to try the zither as well, just as soon as I can persuade my wife that it is an utterly essential purchase.

The only slight problem I had was that, at the moment the link for the Hi-Hats seems to be pointing to the slide whistle file.

Thanks again

Re: Free Drums (Partial Kit)

Pingu,

You're welcome, and thanks for your kind words. I have fixed the error you pointed out. Thanks for the heads up!

-Mark

Go Back to forum