• Register
  • Help

Topic: Old Dog - New Tricks

Share/Bookmark

Old Dog - New Tricks

In the olden days when I still used "black box" sound sources I was very used to using only key velocity to add accents to my brass work. I have now discovered, after living awhile with GPO, that adding one of the "aggressive" overlay tracks next to the plr1 (or regular overlay track - or both!) and only copying the notes I wish accented to the "ag" track gives me a wonderful brass sound. I was initially disappointed with the Garritan brass sounds but after discovering this technique they really do sound great. Just my two cents worth!

Re: Old Dog - New Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    In the olden days when I still used "black box" sound sources I was very used to using only key velocity to add accents to my brass work. I have now discovered, after living awhile with GPO, that adding one of the "aggressive" overlay tracks next to the plr1 (or regular overlay track - or both!) and only copying the notes I wish accented to the "ag" track gives me a wonderful brass sound. I was initially disappointed with the Garritan brass sounds but after discovering this technique they really do sound great. Just my two cents worth!
    Woof, woof!! Good tip!!

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum