• Register
  • Help

Topic: GVI data lost?

Share/Bookmark

GVI data lost?

I never dissappointed with GVI before until I got this problem............

I just cleaned up & reinstalled my windows & program files, then I opened my midi sequence which I made before I reinstalled my PC.

The sequence is in Nuendo2 which has Kontakt2 & GVI loaded as VST instruments.

The problem is that none of the samples were loaded in GVI, the data lost and I could not remember specifically what samples were used. (Becasue it dealt with a number of VSL orchestra samples)
    Kontakt2 works fine although at first it asked me to point to the correct sample location!

I am really upset with GVI!

Has anyone experience the same problem? ...........is there any solution for this?

hc.

Re: GVI data lost?

Quote Originally Posted by hangee_77
    I never dissappointed with GVI before until I got this problem............

I just cleaned up & reinstalled my windows & program files, then I opened my midi sequence which I made before I reinstalled my PC.
    >> What did you clean up?

Did you back up all your data?
    Especially all data in documents and settings.
    Programs sometimes store data in the program folder associated with the particular program;
    Reinstalling Windows and Programs; sounds like you destroyed your data; I have done the same thing in other circumstances and it is very frustrating.

The sequence is in Nuendo2 which has Kontakt2 & GVI loaded as VST instruments.

The problem is that none of the samples were loaded in GVI, the data lost and I could not remember specifically what samples were used. (Becasue it dealt with a number of VSL orchestra samples)
    Kontakt2 works fine although at first it asked me to point to the correct sample location!

I am really upset with GVI!

Has anyone experience the same problem? ...........is there any solution for this?

hc.
    regards
    Oj
    GIGA ORCHESTRA 3.21
    DAW ONE: CPU: 3.4GHz; RAM: 2 GIGS DDR400; Mobo P4 GIGABYTE ;80GIG IDE HD;2 X WD SATA HD Raptors 10KRPM 74GIG in RAID 0;
    M Audio Firewire 410; Midisport 8X8

Hauptwerk V3
    DAW TWO: CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core; RAM 4 gigs DDR2533: MOBO Asrock ConRoeFirex - eSATA2; 2 x SATA 80 GIG, HDs; M Audio Delta 1010 and a Delta 1010LT, soundcards; MOTU Express 128 i/f

I backup my all my data & the document & setting, but not my program files.

So it most likely gone?

How come.......... ?

hc.

Quote Originally Posted by hangee_77
    I backup my all my data & the document & setting, but not my program files.

So it most likely gone?

How come.......... ?

hc.
    If you reinstall windows into the same folder as the previous version, that is what will happen; I create a new folder for a reinstall and that saves me some grief.

Have a look thru the program fiolders; Tascam should be there IMC anyway, there might be something hidden away; I also back up my license info to a CDROM.
    GIGA ORCHESTRA 3.21
    DAW ONE: CPU: 3.4GHz; RAM: 2 GIGS DDR400; Mobo P4 GIGABYTE ;80GIG IDE HD;2 X WD SATA HD Raptors 10KRPM 74GIG in RAID 0;
    M Audio Firewire 410; Midisport 8X8

Hauptwerk V3
    DAW TWO: CPU: 2.4 GHz Dual Core; RAM 4 gigs DDR2533: MOBO Asrock ConRoeFirex - eSATA2; 2 x SATA 80 GIG, HDs; M Audio Delta 1010 and a Delta 1010LT, soundcards; MOTU Express 128 i/f

Oohhh man…….It did that again!
    I just upgraded my GVI to the latest version last night and when I opened my Nuendo sequence file that has GVI loaded as VSTi, it was gone again…………this time the GVI would not even load. So I have to manually reload it and manually recall by mind all the samples I used before. Very frustrating!
    My Kontakt2 were sitting there still like a good boy, very stable!
    FYI………My Nuendo2 is the latest version.

Any other comment on this?

hc.

Here's what someone who I think works at tascam posted on another forum about what sounds like it might be the same problem:

We've posted GVI 3.63. This fixes a problem that GVI players (like MUSE and Wavelore) had the same ID as GVI, so some hosts like Plogue Bidule didn't see all of the plug-ins. Just go to the edit menu and scan plug-ins and you should see both versions.

HOWEVER, since we changed the ID, the host now sees it as a different plug-in. I found this out the hard way when I loaded my well-tweaked template, using three instances of GVI loaded up, and they showed up with missing plug-ins. The solution was to downgrade to 3.62, save my template as a GSI file, upgrade and load the GSI.

So please note that you should save your setup as a GSI before upgrading, no matter which host you're using.
    Howard

DARN!! This happened to me sa well after updating. How annoying. Luckily, I was able to remember my sounds. I hope this doesn't happen every time they update.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ostaz
    DARN!! This happened to me sa well after updating. How annoying. Luckily, I was able to remember my sounds. I hope this doesn't happen every time they update.
    Pete
    You're not alone. Check out Cody's post, "Wierd behavior with 3.63" on page one of this forum.
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Go Back to forum