• Register
  • Help

Topic: how to insert aftertouch

Share/Bookmark

how to insert aftertouch

I would like to add some vibrato to a trumpet track I have in Digital Performer, playing a JABB trumpet in Kontakt Player 2. I know that aftertouch is what I need to add, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried setting a slider on my M-Audio Radium controller, but it won't let me assign #131 (only 1 - 127). Digital Perfomer likewise won't let me assign #131 to a controller insert command. Any suggestions? I can't quite get my head around this - is aftertouch a continuous contoller, or something different?

Brian Appleby

Re: how to insert aftertouch

Quote Originally Posted by bappleby@interbaun.c
    I would like to add some vibrato to a trumpet track I have in Digital Performer, playing a JABB trumpet in Kontakt Player 2. I know that aftertouch is what I need to add, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried setting a slider on my M-Audio Radium controller, but it won't let me assign #131 (only 1 - 127). Digital Perfomer likewise won't let me assign #131 to a controller insert command. Any suggestions? I can't quite get my head around this - is aftertouch a continuous contoller, or something different?

Brian Appleby
    Add aftertouch data (sometimes called channel pressure) in DP by drawing it into your tracks. Sonar calls it "ChanAft;" I do not know which term DP uses for aftertouch but you should be able to choose it for drawing.

cc131 is only used in certain M-Audio products as a substitute when the keyboard lacks aftertouch. And yes, aftertouch is a continuous controller but it is distinct and separate from the numbered controllers just as with velocity and pitchbend.

Tom

P.S. Don't forget that cc17 data controls the speed of the vibrato.

Go Back to forum