• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Piano_Trumpet ver Challenge 13

Share/Bookmark

Piano_Trumpet ver Challenge 13

This is the original composition I used for challenge #13.

Challenge 13_Trumpet and Piano - updated 7/18/07

I really enjoyed working with this melody and would ask OldBob if I may be so bold as to have his permission in including this trumpet solo in the Solo Trumpet book I am currently working on.
    Last edited by wrayer; 07-18-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: updated mp3 file
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: Piano_Trumpet ver Challenge 13

Neat, Bill! - I'm glad you posted this like you said you would on the Challenge thread.

No kidding, this really Does work superbly with just Piano and Trumpet. I liked the version you posted on the Challenge thread, the spareness of this certainly has its attractions also.

I admire how faithfully you were able to use the theme as Roberto first composed it. I really put it through some contortions in my version, getting about as far afield as one can and still be within the realm of working with a pre-existing theme.

Thanks!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Bill, it sounds like quite a challenge. You did good. Very interesting work.
    -Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    Bill, it sounds like quite a challenge. You did good. Very interesting work.
    -Jay
    It was a challenge, but they are always fun!

Challenge #10 Winner

I like this better than the one you posted. I don’t know if the recording is quite as good, but I like the music better. The middle section of the orchestrated version reminded me a bit of Phillip Glass but I hear none of that here.
    Trent P. McDonald

Very faithful production based on the challenge - good job!

This works very well for the given melody. I like this one a little better than the one you posted in the challenge. It has a good dchotomy between the trumpet and piano.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    This works very well for the given melody. I like this one a little better than the one you posted in the challenge. It has a good dchotomy between the trumpet and piano.
    Thanks Rich, I felt it was the better of the two, but also thought I would be recognized by the instrumentation.

Challenge #10 Winner

This is a very interesting piece Bill but I must say that for me any enjoyment in your arrangement is spoiled by the kazoo your using instead of a trumpet.

You play trumpet, how can your ears not say "hang on a minute here this surely doesn't sound like my trumpet!"

My Best

Ray

Talking Re: Piano_Trumpet ver Challenge 13

Quote Originally Posted by rayzalaf
    This is a very interesting piece Bill but I must say that for me any enjoyment in your arrangement is spoiled by the kazoo your using instead of a trumpet.

You play trumpet, how can your ears not say "hang on a minute here this surely doesn't sound like my trumpet!"

My Best

Ray
    Oh, I thought I scored it for kazoo ( just joking!)

Actually, I did nothing to render this except use finale 08. I will clean it up and make it sound more real (might even play it myself and include GPO piano and Bill trumpet - maybe I can get that trumpet that's in the picture Garritan posted...)

Karen _ I will certainly post the words as soon as I get a chance.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast