• Register
  • Help

Topic: New member - Howdy!

Smile New member - Howdy!

Good day, everyone! My name is Norm Jacobson, and I live in San Antonio, Texas. I have just purchased the Finale 2008 update and JABB. I also have all the past Finale updates (2007,2006,2005, etc). Would y'all suggest I try to get JABB working with Finale 2008 or go back to one of the earlier updates? BTW, I do not have the full GPO, just what came with Finale. Will that make a difference? I have been using Finale for a number of years, but only with what came with it. I work a lot with brass bands, and take a lot of brass band arrangements and redo them for jazz band. I find the tenor horns and baritone horn parts lay real well for saxophones. Enough of my rambling, just wanted to say howdy and tell you a little about myself.

Pittsburgh, PA 15206 USA

Re: New member - Howdy!

Hi Norm,

Welcome to the forum!

Hang in there and someone will chat with you about your questions.

welcome to this great virtual home and castle!
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Orcas Island

A warm welcome to the forum! You picked a great place to join.

The new Kontakt Player updates to JABB should work with Finale 2008. You can download them at the NI site.

Feel free to visit the Garritan section at Northern Sounds. There are many Finale/JABB users who can help and we also have a dedicated section for JABB.

Looking forward to your participation and hearing some of the music you do with JABB.

My Best,

Gary Garritan

PS: San Antonio is a terrific place. We've been exhibiting at Texas Music Educators and always enjoy San Antonio.

Bellingham, WA

Hello Norm.
    Welcome from another new-bie (actually I'm an old-bie) but new to this group. So far everyone has been accomodating and helpful. Being a long time dance band, football band, jazz band, et.al. arranger. I've been using Finale since 1988, when the very first one came out and the improvements over the years have been astounding. I wasn't too thrilled with 2007 but I really like the 2008 version of Finale.
    Steve Sample

Go Back to forum