• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Blind Love

Share/Bookmark

Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Blind Love

Here's a piece of music written specifically for the Spicy Chicken cards. This definitely falls under the category of parody. The music is very romantic and I was going for a John Barry sound. The visuals, however, are not what you might expect for this cue. I'll just say that it's all about a blind dog in search for his girlfriend.

Here's the music:
    http://www.stevebarden.com/audio/sco...ind%20Love.mp3

If you're really curious about the cartoon, you can look here:
    (WARNING! R-RATED WITH CRUDE, BUT FUNNY, HUMOR)
    http://www.spicychickencards.com/Pla...c6MTAgQU18NDI=

Steve
    Last edited by bmpsound; 07-17-2007 at 06:12 PM. Reason: just to be on the safe side...
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Re: Music from the Spicy Chicken and other adventures: Blind Love

All I can say is... LOL... Well actually I can say a bit more than that. The song is good, really cheesy but I'm one of those people who doesn't have a problem with that if it's done right. And like you said, it's intended as "parody" anyway so no artistic harm done. The second half reminds me of Chrono Trigger with those irresistably adorable rhythmic figures on flutes and the piano glisses(?) are just beautiful. The strings do sound a bit too heavy on the lush-ness in the beginning, but I assume this was done deliberately for a less lossy implementation in the "card"? Speaking of which, I did click the link but had to close it really quick because my wife was watching. lolz. :P

Anyhow, thanks for sharing.
    -Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

OH MAN STEVE! - You are SO good at this stuff. I really admire this gig you worked out with Spicy Chicken, doing the music for their cards. You are doing superb work for them. Bravos all over you!

I'm glad I listened to the audio track first, so I could appreciate the great job you did of creating a full tilt schmaltz romantic mood--perfect.

THEN I looked at the card - ! ---pardon me, picking myself off the floor--laughed myself out of the chair -

That is one hip company and your contributions raise them to a new level.

Maybe you should strap a "warning - R rated" disclaimer on that link.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Maybe you should strap a "warning - R rated" disclaimer on that link.

Thanks again, Randy, for the nice comment. Yes, I have a blast writing music for these cards. But you're right, I should have placed a warning as to the content. I know it's tame stuff but some people do get offended easily.

Steve
    Steve Barden
    www.SteveBarden.com
    "So....it's a profit deal!" - Navin R. Johnson

Hello again, Steve

Truly, your work is outstanding.

And I'd go ahead and say in however humorous a way you care to, "WARNING! - R Rated humor" above the card link. You're right that some people can be offended in ways that can surprise us, and naturally that's to be avoided.

You just go to your original post, click "edit" and you can add what you want. There's a line where you can type the reason for the edit and that shows up in tiny print at the bottom of the post. That could be something like "To help keep America CLean"--lol--WHatever!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Steve, the chicken and the blind dog aside -- this is just
    gorgeous writing (again)... you've really got a heck of a
    hand at melody.

You might back off that knob that says "reverb" on it
    a little bit, though... lol.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum