• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Studio EQ

Garritan Studio EQ

As strange as this sounds, I'm wondering if anyone has an old version of Garritan Studio 1.* they could email me (admin@koreanvoices.net). I lost mine a reformat and prefer it to version 2.

I've searched the Garritan download site several times, after being told I'd find it there, but only see a link to download v2, which I already have.

(Note: I also have the stand alone 1.8 Kontact player.)

Unfortunately, the recordings I have made with Garritan Studio 2 don't sound nearly as clean as those I made with v1.* The sound is strangely recessed, muddied, and unfocused. In contrast, those I made with v1 breathe, sound lifelike and realistic.

It may be an erratic response to my system; however before and after the reformat v2 sounded this way. I've tried adjusting all of the controls on v2 to achieve a better sound, but to no avail. Have others experienced this problem?

Re: Garritan Studio EQ

Hi Champlin and welcome to the forum!

If I remember correctly, v1's ambience reverb presets adjusted the wet/dry sliders to nice levels, but v2 had it fully wet, which could easily cause the muddiness you describe. Adjust the sliders on the reverb plugin to 0dB dry and -6dB wet and see if this is the culprit.

I can hook you up with v1 if that doesn't work and it isn't found on your install discs.

Re: Garritan Studio EQ

Thanks, Reegs! Your advice did produce a much better sounding reverb, but I'd still love to get my hands on v1. If you could email it to me, I'd be most obliged. Cheers!

Go Back to forum