• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: JABB EXS24 Port

Share/Bookmark

JABB EXS24 Port

Is the JABB library going to be ported to the Logic EXS24 sampler much like the GPO was? It would be nice if it could be because the JABB is a much harder to use in Logic than other sequencers. I don't think Logic was designed for many different instrument plugins.

Re: JABB EXS24 Port

I've used Logic professionally for a long time, I've had very successful results with JABB (some on the Garritan website last time I looked), absolutely no problems (other than the famous mod wheel issue!) and I use an absolute mass of other libraries on a daily basis which I mix and match with abandon. I hardly ever use a hardware synth anymore.
    I have to say I don't remotely recognise your reading of Logic at all!

Is Logic a new platform for you?

regards

Barrie

ron,

I agree with barrie's assesment as well. I use Logic on a daily basis with tons of plugins, and can't imagine what you're complaining about. Please specifically describe what makes JABB hard to use in Logic for you .

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin
    Is the JABB library going to be ported to the Logic EXS24 sampler much like the GPO was?
    The short answer is "no." I'm not sure where you got the idea that we ported GPO to EXS24 - we have never done that. There was a port of GOS from Giga to EXS24 but never GPO. Many of the things we do in the programming of our Kontakt-only libraries are very tightly designed to the specific features available in Kontakt. These features are either not available at all in other samplers or are not implemented in a way that will translate accurately in a port.

Tom

I'm sorry if I've misunderstood some info on a port to the EXS24. I'm not new to Logic at all. I've used it since version 4 on the PC. I still use it on the Mac now. I just haven't used it much with third party libraries that don't use the EXS24. I'm not complaining about the JABB library but how Logic handles plugins that use multichannel midi. It's different from, say, Cubase SX. Using the JABB with Logic 5 on my laptop is almost impossible but I must admit that I haven't tried it with Logic Pro 7 yet because when I installed it on my Mac my Mac began to freeze up on me so I took JABB off. I'll have to start over and install it again.

I've finally have got some results with JABB with Logic on my PC (still trying to get my Mac set up for Logic Pro 7 and JABB). JABB works on my PC but the mod wheel problem is something I would like to get around. Can't I just program Logic to set the mod wheel to "on" after I hit stop? Other than this mod wheel problem I think JABB will work well.

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin
    I've finally have got some results with JABB with Logic on my PC (still trying to get my Mac set up for Logic Pro 7 and JABB). JABB works on my PC but the mod wheel problem is something I would like to get around. Can't I just program Logic to set the mod wheel to "on" after I hit stop? Other than this mod wheel problem I think JABB will work well.
    I end up sounding like a broken record on this subject but: The mod wheel is not a "set and forget" controller. Used correctly, your tracks will have almost continuous cc#1 data shaping the expressive ebb and flow of the instruments. When you have constant cc#1 data in a track it will hold its position when you stop and start the sequence. That is how it is designed to be used.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I don't mean to be redundant but I think I understand the situation now. I'll either have to control a track from a keyboard controller and with the mod wheel or somehow get a hold of the mod controller from within Logic. Could I just use Logic's automation to control the mod parameter or do I have to record it in real time? The reason I'm asking this is because, in Logic , I often record midi with the matrix or score editor and not in real time from a keyboard.

You can draw the mod wheel info on the track in the arrange window.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by robh
    You can draw the mod wheel info on the track in the arrange window.

Rob
    Correct answer.

Tom

Go Back to forum