• Register
  • Help

Topic: De-activation

Share/Bookmark

De-activation

Oh my does anyone know how can I de-activate my registration of JABB on NI? I spent like 2 hours and there is nowhere I can do it (which I remember I did that before for Finale GPO)

OK, I tried the support area already, guess my English is really poor and everything is written as if the target readers are all lawyers...

Sorry I know this post is not in the appropriate forum but guess it has the best traffic and I do really need help!

Thanks so much!
    Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Re: De-activation

It looks like it is no longer possible to de-activate a product. In fact, NI has tightened the noose considerably: they claim, that you can no longer install a product on more than one computer; it used to be two.

Hi Nick

That really sucks.... what am I supposed to do, say, if I buy a new computer??

Frankie
    Dell Precision T3500 (Xeon W3520, 12GB RAM) / Windows 7 x64 / Sonar 8 / VE Pro / WIVI 2.3 / Kontakt 4 / G-Player 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    It looks like it is no longer possible to de-activate a product. In fact, NI has tightened the noose considerably: they claim, that you can no longer install a product on more than one computer; it used to be two.
    Does this imply that future GPO products will be locked to a single computer and never transferrable?

This page seems to say otherwise. Are you saying that it's out of date?

I have used up my two activations, but need another activation since I got a new computer (or changed relevant parts of my existing computer system).
    No problem. In the “Manage Registrations and Activations” section on the NI web site you can deactivate system IDs that you no longer need. Once you have deactivated the old system ID you can then activate a new system ID.
    I guess most info on that FAQ is outdated already....

Frankie

I think the FAQ is outdated, but it is hard to be sure, since the page is not date-stamped.
    However, the new Product Registration page links to the "terms of use", which seems to be equally new, and the TOU says:
    Hardware profiles - Native Instruments grants you, the non-exclusive right to use the Licensed software and hardware on one single computer only (i.e. one CPU) at one single place. If this single computer is connected to a multi-user system, this License shall apply to all users of the system. You may personally use the licensed software or hardware temporarily on another computer, on condition that the said software and hardware is normally used regularly on one particular computer.
    This indicates to me, that they changed the license in the dark of the night.
    That is what meant by "tightened the noose".

Just joking, but....

Stop buying dual-core / quad-core computers now!!!

Sorry couldn't resist.

Frankie

I think the FAQ is outdated, but it is hard to be sure, since the page is not date-stamped.
    However, the new Product Registration page links to the "terms of use", which seems to be equally new, and the TOU says:

Hey, that's not cool.
    They should have sent a courtesy notice to all registered users!

I don't think that is a change. In particular, I don't think the following question and answer from their FAQ is any different:

Q: Can I use an NI product on both, my desktop and my mobile computer, or must I obtain a second license for this?

A: According to the license agreement your product can only be used on one computer at a time. If you want to use your product on your mobile computer as well, but not simultaneously, a second installation for mobile use is included under your main license. Simply install the product on your mobile computer and complete a new activation for your laptop System ID. You will then receive a second activation key for the mobile computer.

Go Back to forum