• Register
  • Help

Topic: Troubles with GPO

Share/Bookmark

Troubles with GPO

I don´t know what happened.....overnight my GPO studio has stopped of working....

I was working in some work and became to setting up the MIDI out of Finale 2007 for use my GPO by using Studio. When I start to play my work, Finalle apparently is playing but Studio does not make any change....no move even a single key and or course dont play not a single note...

What could be happening???

Andres Eloy

Re: Troubles with GPO

I haven't used Studio for quite a while, but I seem to remember I had to start Studio before I started Finale. Did you try that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I haven't used Studio for quite a while, but I seem to remember I had to start Studio before I started Finale. Did you try that?
    No I did´n it....I alreade solve my trouble...When I downloaded KP2 also I downloaded the maple virtual cable. Whit all the mess that KP2 caused I decide uninstall it, formatting my computer and install everything again (and taking avantage of this situation for install also 2 GB of RAM memory). I realized that I installed maple cable, and it was just what had caused the improper function of my notation program.

Thanks you anyway for your advise.

Regards

Andres Rodriguez

I am sorry, I don't understand what Studio and Maple have to do with each other. But whatever - you got it working and that is what matters.

"...I don't understand what Studio and Maple have to do with each other..."

Wasn't the Maple virtual MIDI cable what people needed to connect to Studio in pre-KP2 days?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    "...I don't understand what Studio and Maple have to do with each other..."

Wasn't the Maple virtual MIDI cable what people needed to connect to Studio in pre-KP2 days?

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Studio came with its own built-in virtual MIDI cable. This could of course have been created by the Maple developer. I couldn't say.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Studio came with its own built-in virtual MIDI cable. This could of course have been created by the Maple developer. I couldn't say.
    Plogue Art et Technologie developed the Studio application. My guess is they did the midi cable as well.
    Jeff Hurchalla is connected to Maple. I am not sure if he's done work with Plogue.

Concerning your situation, Andres, check that the audio output driver from studio is correct. Also make sure that Finale is sending on the GPO Studio output ports. (Studio works with GPO Kontakt Player 1. To use Kontakt Player 2 GPO (standalone) try using MIDI Yoke as your virtual cables)

Hope this helps,
    Reegs

Go Back to forum