• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: It is with pleasure that I am able to announce, available 7-31-07, NOTION 2.0!!!

Share/Bookmark

It is with pleasure that I am able to announce, available 7-31-07, NOTION 2.0!!!

With new features including:

• Select individal notes to click and drag to a new location or delete.
    • Note audition.
    • And finally, NO MORE iLOK! That's right, we are doing away with the iLok security and going to a simple serial number security measure. I'm thrilled to finally be able to tell you this.

And as always, NOTION 2.0 will be a free update for current users.

Re: It is with pleasure that I am able to announce, available 7-31-07, NOTION 2.0!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Windsor
    With new features including:

• Select individal notes to click and drag to a new location or delete.
    • Note audition.
    • And finally, NO MORE iLOK! That's right, we are doing away with the iLok security and going to a simple serial number security measure. I'm thrilled to finally be able to tell you this.

And as always, NOTION 2.0 will be a free update for current users.
    um, Jason, all I can say is AWESOME. TOTALLY AWESOME!

Thanks for getting rid of the iLok too. Having a Macbook with only 2 USB ports has been a challenge to use NOTION on. Totally cool.

Re: It is with pleasure that I am able to announce, available 7-31-07, NOTION 2.0!!!

Jason, this is great news for a variety of reasons!
    First, a software platform that releases a major upgrade (I'm assuming it's major since your changing the digit from 1 point something to 2 point zero) without charging the current customer base even a modest fee. This news rocks!

Second, the Ilok removal is a real asset. One less dongle hanging out of an already USB challenged computer!

Finally, note audition. This has been a oft requested feature and thanks for listening to us and delivering this feature.

And now a question...

Minus the iLok, will I still be able to use NOTION on my two computers? I currently use it on my PC in my studio, but also at times, share the dongle and fine tune scores on my laptop. I know many other vendors allow up to two installs per license. Is this your plan as well?

Thanks for the heads up on this exciting news! I can't wait for July to end!

Hi Jason

This is really good news. The note audition has never been a big issue with me, but I know it has been with others here so I know that will make them happy. However, the work flow with the individual notes is what I like so much. Thanks so much for the heads up. And of course... good byeeeeeee ilok...

Hawksong

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTewes
    And now a question...

Minus the iLok, will I still be able to use NOTION on my two computers? I currently use it on my PC in my studio, but also at times, share the dongle and fine tune scores on my laptop. I know many other vendors allow up to two installs per license. Is this your plan as well?

IK Multimedia allows five licenses for their Miroslav Philharmonik. While that might be a little too much, I use NOTION on my Macbook, iMac and occasionally my desktop PC, so having that flexibility to use NOTION on whatever platform I have is also important.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertTewes
    Jason, this is great news for a variety of reasons!
    First, a software platform that releases a major upgrade (I'm assuming it's major since your changing the digit from 1 point something to 2 point zero) without charging the current customer base even a modest fee. This news rocks!

Second, the Ilok removal is a real asset. One less dongle hanging out of an already USB challenged computer!

Finally, note audition. This has been a oft requested feature and thanks for listening to us and delivering this feature.

And now a question...

Our plan is for two installs per license for NOTION and two for each Sound Kit.

Jason, if I, for example, license my Macbook and desktop PC but later decide that I would prefer using NOTION solely on Macs, can I transfer the PC license to the iMac? Native Instruments goes about licensing in this manner.

Once again, great news about NOTION 2.0.

Excellent news on all fronts. Thanks for listening about the iLok!!

-steve
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by davecos
    Jason, if I, for example, license my Macbook and desktop PC but later decide that I would prefer using NOTION solely on Macs, can I transfer the PC license to the iMac? Native Instruments goes about licensing in this manner.

Once again, great news about NOTION 2.0.
    That's the plan. When you get to that point, we'll work it out.

Hi. Great news!

Any timing or N-Tempo new features?
    (Better M-XML Tempo output, MIDI Tempo out, N-Tempo editing...)

Any other new features not mentioned above?

Thanks.

Go Back to forum