• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Please, listen this thing with headphones!!!

Share/Bookmark

OT: Please, listen this thing with headphones!!!

Absolutely amazing!!!

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTl...elated&search=

Cheers!

Re: OT: Please, listen this thing with headphones!!!

binaural stereo.

nothing new.

DR9

Very interesting. It´s true, is not new, i remember this kind of demos from years ago. But what could be interesting is some kind of plugin that make easy to produce this kind of demos. That would be something new. Or not?
    Marcelo Colina

When did youtube become available in stereo? Also, there are binaural recordings available at:

http://binaural.com/binvct.html

Quote Originally Posted by marce
    Very interesting. It´s true, is not new, i remember this kind of demos from years ago. But what could be interesting is some kind of plugin that make easy to produce this kind of demos. That would be something new. Or not?
    There are two or three plugins that claim to do this, but none of them actually work. I spent some time hunting them all down and trying the demos once, in an attempt to avoid paying the hundreds for a dummy head and a decent set of binaural mics - but I was very disappointed, and will eventually have to buy said head anyway.

For inexpensive binaural soundrecordings i can recommend the OKM inearmicrophones from Soundman.
    http://www.soundman.de/

save some bucks and be your own dummyhead!

Hans

The background guitar playing is really bad.

Yeah,

But it's fun and impressive. Enough so that I bought a headset for recording.

Thank you for the link - really cool stuff.

Mike

Since I know this technique I am waiting for a reverb plugin whish is usuable with orchestramusic, to add all reflections from a musichall e.t.c.

Altiverb is very good, but also as the other reverbs it can`t give us the reflections from behind or over-, under us..... .

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Since I was really young I had a dream of writing a Requiem where the Dies Irae, rather than being loud and violent, would depict a really dreary wasteland - a place of nothing. The audience members, as those being judged, would hear all kinds of disturbing whispers declaring their misdeeds, from all over the room, sometimes just by their ears.

When I discovered binaural recording I thought I might finally be able to realise my Requiem. The problem is, the way my music making has gone, I would probably be talking about a mix of actual recordings and virtual stuff, and I'm not sure how to make them sit in one mix - hence never having the nerve to give out the necessary cash for binaural mics. The various plug-ins that claim to do realistic binauaral placement turned out to be rubbish, so that's not a way forward. I suspect if I tried to simply combine a stereo mix of orchestral stuff with binaurally recorded whispers that the ochestral stuff would mask some important frequencies in the whispers and destroy their placement.

Other than physically placing speakers to play my orchestral parts, in the same environment with live whisperers, does anyone have any ideas?

Go Back to forum