• Register
  • Help

Topic: Looking for Music Box library/samples

Share/Bookmark

Looking for Music Box library/samples

Im using cubase with GPO and I am working on a soundtrack that involves a Music Box. It is going to be forground music HOWEVER... the music for the music box needs to be created... so i searched for Music box samples in google...

I found one for the Kontact player however it doesnt load it gives me this message:

"The patch you're trying to lad cannot be used with this application"

I looked at the read me file and it says they made it on Kontact 1.5.... again im new but i have searched with no results... I do have the wav files but the .nki files will not load So if anyone out there can help I would really appreciate it!!!

Also is there a way to make a .nki file if so how?

Thanks everyone!!!

-Cameron
    Last edited by Heidrickster; 07-19-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: to get more specific
    - Cameron Heidrick
    Heidrickster Media

Re: Looking for Music Box library/samples

http://www.ilio.com/varts/plectrum/index.html

just came out, has a nice music box sound in it. Though it is only PC for now.
    www.energiestudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crossingsound
    http://www.ilio.com/varts/plectrum/index.html

just came out, has a nice music box sound in it. Though it is only PC for now.
    Great!!! to bad i have a mac and dont have 300 bucks low budget haha but thanks for the feedback!!! I appreciate it
    - Cameron Heidrick
    Heidrickster Media

I *might* have something that could help. PM me if this tickles your music box fancy. It's two freeware soundfonts.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Bela D Media had released one for free a while back. You could try contacting them and seeing if it was still available.

Bela D's is very good. Bolder Sounds also has a free one:

http://www.boldersounds.com/free.aspx?FID=13
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Hi, Cameron

I'm guessing that you don't use any hardware synth modules? - My Korg X5DR, one of the best modules ever made, has a great Music Box on it which I've used quite a bit. ---This is probably mostly a plug for good ol hardware synths which can still come Much in handy!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I did try the bolder sounds one but that is the one that doesn't want to load into the konakt player? I just got home so im going to check into all of your suggestions. I appreciate the help... and nope i dont have any hardware synths all software. Thanks again!
    - Cameron Heidrick
    Heidrickster Media

Go Back to forum