• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prominy LPC - Advice from a user?

Share/Bookmark

Prominy LPC - Advice from a user?

Hello. I wanted to check and see if anyone here could advise me re. the prominy LPC library. I wanted to be able to do repetitions of of things like single notes or fifths (muted) but I'm finding that other guitar libraries out there just do 2 samples (up and down strokes) per cycle. This isn't very convincing if you're looking to play a bar of eigths or sixteenths on a single pitch (think "Radar Love"). Anyone know how many repetitions exist within any given LPC cycle? Perhaps I've been spoiled by the files labled (RR x 6) in the East West libraries? Anyone have any knowledge of the product?

Thanks!

-AG

Re: Prominy LPC - Advice from a user?

Quote Originally Posted by AGMusic
    Hello. I wanted to check and see if anyone here could advise me re. the prominy LPC library. I wanted to be able to do repetitions of of things like single notes or fifths (muted) but I'm finding that other guitar libraries out there just do 2 samples (up and down strokes) per cycle. This isn't very convincing if you're looking to play a bar of eigths or sixteenths on a single pitch (think "Radar Love"). Anyone know how many repetitions exist within any given LPC cycle? Perhaps I've been spoiled by the files labled (RR x 6) in the East West libraries? Anyone have any knowledge of the product?

Thanks!

-AG
    I don't know the number of repetitions, but there is a single note repeat repetition articulation, where the note is struck you hit the key and when you release that sounds great to my ears. I have found the fifth mutes sound great too, but I never tried quick repeating mutes.

I guess you listened to the demos and checked out the video that shows off the superperfomance multi?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Thanks Jeffn1. I have checked out all the demo/video stuff and it sounds great but the repeated notes are all distorted. This unfortunately helps mask the machine gun effect so I wanted to see if anyone has had any luck with multiple repetitions on a single note with the clean (or cleraner) patch. I recently bought the Ministry of Rock by EW and have specifically run into this problem when trying to repeat anything clean. I digress. Thanks for your help.

-AG.

I have extensive knowledge of this product. I may even dare to venture that I am the master of LPC! Aaaahahahaha...

I love this library. It is the best-sounding guitar library out there. Beautiful and natural - it sounds just like a real Les Paul. Prominy really nailed the tone.

There are four or five velocities for each note, so vary that a bit and you'll be fine. Plus, if you're compressing the signal, each different velocity value will have roughly the same volume (but a different timbre), so that works even better.

I use the UTKT script in K2. That works the best.

So the answer is - there are no round robin samples. There are four to five velocity layers, depending on the patch used. Combined with compression, down- and upstroke samples, and the UTKT script in Kontakt 2, you can repeat any articulation in LPC 'til you're blue in the face and it'll sound great.

-Tom

Thanks! That's exactly the advice I needed. I'll look into the UTKT script. Not familiar with it but I'll check it out when I'm back at the studio on monday.

Much appreciated.

-ag

Go Back to forum