• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: "Shining Star" GPO Orch.

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb "Shining Star" GPO Orch.

Hello my freinds,

today I will posting here a cut from my score called "Shining Star".
    I have mix actually the GPO with another libs. for reinforcement of the A. Vlns.

Please listen here : http://www.box.net/shared/ixndsjk266

Please listen here to another mix and an very realistic but little more less powerful A. Vlns..but with portamento rendering and more vibrato.

Listen here : http://www.box.net/shared/pkokdbld9b

Please let me know you impressions

JL

Re: "Shining Star" GPO Orch.

It is really nice strings's blended and well-done mixing!

Long

Oohhhh, very pretty Jaques! Your writing is exquisite. Wonderful film score writing, and those descending flute lines dispersed around the strings are fantastic.

Give us more!

Very nice!
    Lovely feeling to this music. The kind you dream away to some far away place while listening to. But... then, towards the end of this sample there's descending harps that either is intended to "get you out of the seat" or is a bit... well... too much. Since it's such a short sample it's hard to tell where its' going. But that harp arpeggio really stands out from feeling of the rest of the tune.

Just a reflection, love it otherwise.

Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocca
    But... then, towards the end of this sample there's descending harps that either is intended to "get you out of the seat" or is a bit... well... too much. Since it's such a short sample it's hard to tell where its' going. But that harp arpeggio really stands out from feeling of the rest of the tune.
    And that descending harp arpeggio was one of my favorite parts! I like surprises and that one made me sit up and take notice (in the best way.) Overall lovely writing, Jaques. Only complaint: The excerpt is too short; I want to hear more. Keep 'em coming! Your other post was wonderful too, by the way.

Tom

Hey JL,
    You weave such smooth orchestral textures! The string writing reminds me of the golden area of movie scoring in the 20's and 30's. Excellent work!Please post more!

Michael
    "...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music
    http://www.miserymadebeautiful.com

Dear Reegs,

Thank you for comment and your comparing with fillmscore writing.
    Actually this score was original written for a filmmusic jingle library.
    I love to write flute part in my scores ..they have so a shining glimmer in sound ..I love that too... next score soon here...

JL

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Oohhhh, very pretty Jaques! Your writing is exquisite. Wonderful film score writing, and those descending flute lines dispersed around the strings are fantastic.

Give us more!

Dear Tom,
    Thank you for your nice words here. Yeah. that little gliss on the end..
    maybe a little to much loud and jumping therefore out of the moments quiet atmosphere... ..good that this little thing happens and it's makes me smile and happy that this little suprise had taken attention. Thank you very much for your kind word regarding my other scores in forum. Longer scores soon.

JL

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    And that descending harp arpeggio was one of my favorite parts! I like surprises and that one made me sit up and take notice (in the best way.) Overall lovely writing, Jaques. Only complaint: The excerpt is too short; I want to hear more. Keep 'em coming! Your other post was wonderful too, by the way.

Tom

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your nice comment here. Yeah the golden 30's ..great times for composers with these large orchestras on hand. Also the 40's & 50's, jazzy , swinging 60's in film/hollywood..and so on...great scores have been written during this periods. I love to score smooth & impressionistic scores..it refelects my inner soul and stands in direct corresponding to what I see and can capture of impressions in nature/parks/ocean/sky an so on... soon coming more scores...

JL

Quote Originally Posted by Michael A. Wiktor
    Hey JL,
    You weave such smooth orchestral textures! The string writing reminds me of the golden area of movie scoring in the 20's and 30's. Excellent work!Please post more!

Michael

I love this sound! Very well done, Jaques!

My Best

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast