• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Update Installer

Share/Bookmark

GPO Update Installer

Hi,

My music computer is not connected to the internet.
    How do I get Garritatan updates if I can't run the update the installer - clicking on the update tab links to the website.

Thanks in advance,

Rooks

Re: GPO Update Installer

Use a computer, that is connected to the web (borrow a friends f.ex) and burn the updater on a CD.

thanks N, I have a pc I can use
    But would I have to install Garritan on that too?
    And is it just case of burning to cd, then running an exe file on my music pc, or do I have to start messing around and moving chunks of files about?

Rooks

USB stick--handy device for such manuevers. Or you may be semi-cracked like me who had a floppy disc installed on his computer (they're no longer automatically included)--very handy for tiny transfer jobs like this.

As for all the file shuffling you might have to do--
    s h u d d e r - it's one of the issues that still has me too skeered to do the KP2 update.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Rooks, you should be able to download the update and installers from the Native Instruments website after you log in. (Under the support tab, then updates) No need to mess with service center. From there, I'd just take Randy's advice and throw it on a USB stick to transfer.

The PC update seems to be 25MB smaller-- go figure!

In all cases, however, you may want to wait until next week to update. There will be an update to the same file, dated 20 July or later, which will include GPO/JABB nki fixes as well. Gary has mentioned that the July 19th update is for the player itself.

Best,
    Reegs

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    No need to mess with service center.
    Depends. If he is updating from GPO KP1 he will have to start SC to activate GPO KP2. He'd have to use the export/import offline activation then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    Depends. If he is updating from GPO KP1 he will have to start SC to activate GPO KP2. He'd have to use the export/import offline activation then.
    Oh right. Good point. I was just talking about getting the actual update.

thanks for all the advice guys, would seem the simplest way is to perhaps just set up an internet connection on the music pc, do my stuff & disconnect.

but i will bear all the alternative options in mind.

cheers,

rooks

the simplest way is to perhaps just set up an internet connection on the music pc, do my stuff & disconnect.
    That's what I do with Garritan-NI-Cakewalk-Sony etc. On and off in less than 3-5 minutes. I enable/disable the network card in the device manager. Never had a problem yet.

Fred

Go Back to forum