• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: VSPro = Wow!

Share/Bookmark

VSPro = Wow!

I usually don't praise things, guess I'm hard-flirted or whatever, BUT...

I just have to write a few lines about Kirk Hunter's VSPro. I have had Emerald (EXS24) for some time and thought those strings were good but I bought Kontakt2 and thought I had to try VSPro as well.

I recieved it a few days ago but time hasn't permitted a test until today. Installation went without a hickup, no faulty discs. Well, it took some time but boy was it worth it...

These strings truly SING! Wow, and all the various controls over attack, human pitch correction, etc, makes you dial in YOUR sound quite easily.

And playing them, well, it's like the first time I sat in front of a real concert piano, you just can't stop playing! The strings sing, moan, whine but always shine!

So, thanks Kirk for these beautiful strings!

Oh, yes, the brass is good to, but the strings... man...

Best
    Thomas
    We are the musikmakers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Re: VSPro = Wow!

Thanks for dangling that carrot in front of me! I'm still waiting for mine to get here.

Hehe "sorry"...

As they say, "worth waiting for"...

Best
    Thomas
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Boy i sure which KH cleaned up his website cause it's very confusing in there.

SO what's the price for VSPro? and what's in it? Solo, chamber, concert strings?

Quote Originally Posted by Ernstinen
    I just checked it out --- they DO sound great!

They have concert strings (my fave), studio strings, and solo strings.

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/purchase.php

Ern
    Well it's weir cause when i clicked on the purchase page i got something different.

Same thing with the demos page.

everything seem to be working now so thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by geronimo001
    Boy i sure which KH cleaned up his website cause it's very confusing in there.

SO what's the price for VSPro? and what's in it? Solo, chamber, concert strings?
    I know I know...the site is a bit of a wreck right now since it's being COMPLETELY revamped to reflect the new VSPro modules and their best bundles. But trust me, it's getting my FULL attention. Right now, we seem to be having some problems with certain windows not opening correctly. Safari works fine, but other browsers don't work at all..

Stay tuned for pricing and all. At the current time, the entire VSPro set is $899.00. It's the same as the Diamond full set except that will also include new woodwind doublings. So if you already have Emerald, and the full set of VSPro, you have everything that's currently available. Again, the woodwind doublings will come along soon too.
    Last edited by KirkHunter; 07-22-2007 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo

Great job Mr. Hunter. These instruments are a joy to play.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkHunter
    Stay tuned for pricing and all. At the current time, the entire VSPro set is $599.00. It's the same as the Diamond full set except that will also include new woodwind doublings. So if you already have Emerald, and the full set of VSPro, you have everything that's currently available. Again, the woodwind doublings will come along soon too.
    I had noticed the VSPro listings for Symphonic and Chamber Strings as well. I was wondering if they were different from Emerald and would maybe reflect the new scripts and additional programming. (Especially since the Chamber Strings updates have disappeared from the download page.)
    Ben N. Moore

Quote Originally Posted by bnmoore
    I had noticed the VSPro listings for Symphonic and Chamber Strings as well. I was wondering if they were different from Emerald and would maybe reflect the new scripts and additional programming. (Especially since the Chamber Strings updates have disappeared from the download page.)
    As far as I can tell the strings in VSPro sounds/seems to be new recordings. The scripting etc I couldn't say as I have Emerald in EXS24 version (which isn't scriptable at all).

But as far as the recordings/samples are concerned, I'm 99% sure that Kirk has said that they are new (they sound new at least).

Anyhow, the Emerald strings sound good, but the VSPro strings truly (here we go again) sings...

Best
    Thomas
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Yes, the string ensembles in VSPro (Concert Strings and Studio Strings) are brand new recordings.

We're still working on assembling all the various bundles, and should be done by next week. If not, I might just have to do another big pre-release sale.
    Last edited by KirkHunter; 07-25-2007 at 01:31 PM. Reason: typo

Go Back to forum