• Register
  • Help

Topic: KP2.2.3 - I think I've really screwed up!

Share/Bookmark

KP2.2.3 - I think I've really screwed up!

I really feel like a dummy that I can't figure this out but I really need some help. I downloaded and installed the new KP2.2.3. It shows up fine in stand alone mode. However, in Finale 2008 I still have 2.2.2 showing and in Sonar 6 I have 2.2.1 showing. I've got so many different versions of KP2 now I have no idea how to fix it. Can someone give me some clear advice in baby steps how I can fix this so I only have one version of KP2showing in all of my hosts? Do I need to uninstall all of my Garritan and Finale 2008 files and re-install or can I leave them alone and just somehow deal with the KP2 issue. I've always been hesitant about uninstalling a previous version of KP2 and that's why I still have all of these versions. If I can fix this by just uninstalling older versions, what is the process? Do I use Add/Remove programs from Windows Control Panel or is there a better way? As always, thanks in advance.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Re: KP2.2.3 - I think I've really screwed up!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee
    I really feel like a dummy that I can't figure this out but I really need some help. I downloaded and installed the new KP2.2.3. It shows up fine in stand alone mode. However, in Finale 2008 I still have 2.2.2 showing and in Sonar 6 I have 2.2.1 showing. I've got so many different versions of KP2 now I have no idea how to fix it. Can someone give me some clear advice in baby steps how I can fix this so I only have one version of KP2showing in all of my hosts? Do I need to uninstall all of my Garritan and Finale 2008 files and re-install or can I leave them alone and just somehow deal with the KP2 issue. I've always been hesitant about uninstalling a previous version of KP2 and that's why I still have all of these versions. If I can fix this by just uninstalling older versions, what is the process? Do I use Add/Remove programs from Windows Control Panel or is there a better way? As always, thanks in advance.
    With respect to Sonar: Assuming you are running WinXP and you chose the "install VST version" option (and perhaps others) when you ran the updater, try this:
    1) Scan hard drive for the file KontactPlayer2.dll The one you're looking for is 32,148KB. To confirm its version, right click=>Properties=>Version tab. "File Version" should be 2,2,3,003. Make a note of its directory.
    2) In Sonar: Tools=>Cakewalk Plugin Manager. Select VST Instruments in left pane and Kontact Player 2 in next pane. (It's gotta be there, because you're seeing it now, albeit earler version.) Make a note of the directory that appears next to "filename" at the bottom. (It could well be "c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins")
    3) In Windows, move the KontactPlayer2.dll file in the directory identified in the previous step to a safe place. (The directories listed in Sonar under Global Options=>VST Plugins are NOT safe places .)
    4) Copy the file identified in step 1 to the directory identified in step 2.
    5) Run Sonar and see if you now get the proper file version when inserting an instance of the player. If not: Tools=>Cakewalk Plugin Manager=>click the "scan vst plugins" button.

Hope this works (- I'm running Sonar 6.2, but don't think the above tools changed from 6.1). If it does, you can discard that earlier version of the dll that you moved to a safe place, and can also discard the new version from the directory found in step 1. The procedure is probably similar for Finale, but I don't use Finale so can't give details. Hopefully someone will. Good luck.

-Ron

T. Prince is right. I installed KP 2.2.3 and it worked in Sonar and as a standalone but didn't make it to Finale. So I was advised to find the .dll in Sonar and copy it to Finale's Finale VST folder and it worked perfectly! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by reberclark
    T. Prince is right. I installed KP 2.2.3 and it worked in Sonar and as a standalone but didn't make it to Finale. So I was advised to find the .dll in Sonar and copy it to Finale's Finale VST folder and it worked perfectly! Good luck!
    I had, perhaps ill advised, both KP1 and KP2 .dll files in my Finae 2008 VST folder. The problem is that only KP1 player was loading the instruments and not KP2. So I removed the KP1.dll file and now the instruments will not load into the KP2 player. Somehow I have missed a step along the way.

I do have the KP2 update 2.2.3 downloaded and copied and pasted into the Finale 2008 VST folder. Does this mean I still have to load the instruments manually? Is anyone that is using Finale 2008 the full GPO that is having to manually load each instrument.?
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

Go Back to forum