• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT: Creating a Click Track

Share/Bookmark

OT: Creating a Click Track

Hey everyone,

I have a pre-existing piece of recorded music that I need to make a click track for. Does anyone know of a good way to do this other than adjusting the metronme throughout the entire tune? There may not be.

I have both Digital Performer 5 and Cakewalk Sonar Home Studo 6XL.

Thanks for the help.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: OT: Creating a Click Track

Doesn't Sonar have a tempo tap feature? I'm not sure how to use it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Hey everyone,

I have a pre-existing piece of recorded music that I need to make a click track for. Does anyone know of a good way to do this other than adjusting the metronme throughout the entire tune? There may not be.

I have both Digital Performer 5 and Cakewalk Sonar Home Studo 6XL.

Thanks for the help.

Jonny
    You need sync it to midi, or only you need a click for follow in practice?
    Marcelo Colina

If it was me, and I didn't need locked sync, I'd import the audio, set up a percussion midi track to record stick clicks and record clicks "on the fly." But, as I am constantly reminded on these boards, I am NO expert. Perhaps R. Bowser (new moderator and all around good guy and SONAR expert) would be worth contacting on these boards. Best of luck!

I need to sync it to MIDI so I can create an orchestral arrangement. Then, I'll export MIDI and import into Sibelius for final score preparation.

Thanks,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Hmmm. So the final product is an orchestral arrangement for live players that will sync up with the audio? If this is how it is, is the audio the same or different from the live performance?

I'm doing very similar work now. The process kind of depends on what the original source material is like. What kind of audio tracks do you have to work with?
    - Jamie Kowalski

All Hands Music - Kowalski on the web
    The Ear Is Always Correct - Writings on composition

So, the "Tap feature" will be what you need, i think. It allows you to tap the tempo, and adjust the durations automatically to your original wav file. Sonar has it, i dont know about the DP.
    Marcelo Colina

In SONAR (Producer 6.2.1) the only "Tempo Tap" feature I could find was when inputting a new tempo. I would love to know how to use the "Tempo Tap" feature in Sonar. Please enlighten! Thanks.

The feature is called "Fit improvisation" in Sonar (not tap, sorry) and you can read an explanation about how it work here:
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=9...sation&#995923 Look there for the "Mick" answer.

But thinking well about it, DPDan has made some very marvellous synchonizations between midi and real orchestra videos with Digital Performer, so maybe it has better tools than sonar for that. Just you need to ask him.
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum